Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can BUIS zero be approximately verified with a boresighter in my basement?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It’ll get you in the ballpark but I just use the look down the bore at 25yds at the range, center windage & elevation, then start shooting to put round both 1.5 low at 25 then push out to 50-100 progressively.

I’ve wasted WAAY too much ammo trying to go right to 50 or 100 yards and laser boresighters have never done better than a look through the bore. You are just trying to get on paper, after that you are really zeroing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaseMkr View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a dumb question. a number of years ago, during the last gun panic by (post Sandy Hook possibly) I purchased a LWRC M6 SPR MOD 0 carbine. It sat in a safe until now, as I was typically using my SCAR 16 SBR when I would go to the range. I always put optics on my long guns and as a result, I never ever have taken the time to sight in my iron sights (stupid, I know).
    Are rifles like LWRCs usually sighted in at the factory if they come with iron sights installed?

I know I will have to verify zero at a range, but since it's winter and I currently don't have access to a hundred yard range, is there a way to do a rough check on the zero using a laser boresighter and a gun vice in my basement? I have about 34ft to work with.

What distance would you recommend sighting in irons at? I typically do my optics at 100 yards, but have recently been wanted to switch my long gun optics to a 50/200 yard zero.

Thanks everyone!
    Steve
    short answer yes....

insert laser boresighter

insert loaded mag into mag well

rack charging handle ejecting laser boresighter

aim at paper zero target

fire group downrange in your indoor 100m range in your basement

make necessary adjustments to optic or sights

whats that you say? you dont have an indoor range? go out and get a job you peasant!

Feedback Score
    Very helpful and informative Boost! Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12