Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time bipod buyer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

First time bipod buyer

Never had need for one, but the coyote shots are stretching and I really want to get stable. Will be used off the hood of truck mostly and I get that part about having a swivel base. I don't need a Rolls Royce bipod here just pure function so whatever works great is aok feel free to recommend. One of the guys I shoot with had a Caldwell and that thing was unreal out of the box the base snapped off and one of the legs didn't telescope in so not feeling like I want a Caldwell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really like Atlas bipods but they are spendy. If you want a really good bipod but don't want to break the bank, the new one from Magpul is super nice.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The MagPul bipod is a nice offering at about $110
    I have an MLOK model and it works great. It’s is better than a Harris, bit not as nice as an Atlas
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good stuff thanks guys

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The MagPul bipod is a nice offering at about $110
    I have an MLOK model and it works great. It’s is better than a Harris, bit not as nice as an Atlas
    Arms Unlimited got the Magpuls at $95 delivered I think. Ive got one, not used it yet, but seems sturdily built.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for the MAGPUL. I also have the M-LOK version and I like it.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Forgot to mention, I like the MagPul offering more than a GG&G bipod I have.
    The GG&G feels more sturdy, but it has clunky controls
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 12-10-18 at 20:06.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve used most of them. For 99% of things, the Harris is great. The swivel one is about perfect. For double the $, the Atlas is really nice. I have one on my bolt gun. It’s significantly more $, and I’m not sure it’s worth it for most guys. It will lock into many more positions than the Harris, including locking the legs backwards, towards the user. Very helpful when shooting off of a barrel, r barricade that’s short or narrow. But, MOST folks just flip the legs down and shoot. For that, the Harris is just fine. Another “issue” with the Atlas is that it’s slower to deploy. You have to physically unlock both legs to deploy it. The Harris just flips down.
    The GG&G just has too many moving parts to come loose, for ME. Many like it, I’m just not a fan.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Atlas for tactical rifles, Harris Swivel for bolt actions is what I do. I have one of each and move them around as needed, so QD is something I want on mine.

Either will be fine for either use. Shooting off a truck I think the Harris Swivel will be fine at half the price.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-12-18 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    I have a Versa Pod. It's a good solid middle of the pack deal, better than some, not as good as others, but it has one feature I really like. It's a matter of one push button, and the thing comes off. I have a neck injury, and hardly ever shoot prone anymore. If I need to get low, and stable, I'll go sitting. Since I rarely use a bipod, the ease of taking it off, and putting it back on was worth it to me. I'm not one to worry about weight, but it does lighten up the gun quite a bit with it off. I think there are a couple newer designs that are quick disconnect, (if you like that feature) but I've had this forever, and it was the only option back then.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast