Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many L.A.R. in your collection?

Feedback Score
    Marlin Mountie .22 LR is the one I reach for the most in the lever actions department:

That said, I do have a couple others currently:

A Marlin "Limited". Which was a limited edition straight stock 16" run of 1600 each in 45 Colt and 44 Mag. Mine is in .44 magnum.

The other one is another 16" gun. A 336, in 30-30. Depending on which person you talk to, it was either referred to as a Marauder or a Texan. No matter to me, I just like the handling characteristics of it, and have mounted a couple different optics on it playing around. It currently wears a red dot.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Marlin Mountie .22 LR is the one I reach for the most in the lever actions department:

That's a great pic! I need a Model 39 of some sort. I like your Marauder too, but I keep telling myself I am pretty well set with 30-30s.

Andy

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Received a new Marlin 1894 in 44mag today from my wife as a birthday present. I have been wanting a 44mag lever gun for years. I know Marlin's quality has dropped, but it seemd well put together!

Feedback Score
    Just a 39a mountie.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks Andy. Will check these out. Rifle cycles fine. Chamber and barrel is clean and bright
    with no indications of stress or cracking, etc. It was used but still in 85% or better condition.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    There are manufacturers who make "Cowboy" reduced cast bullet rounds that should be a little easier on the rifle - for example:
    https://www.ultramaxammunition.com/cowboy.php

At the same time, modern 30-30 ammunition is not loaded to higher pressure than 1917 30-30 ammunition was. I would have a knowledgeable gunsmith inspect it first, but it should be fine with full power factory loads.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Just picked up my first. New Marlin 1895 GBL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234