Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambi-lowers

Feedback Score

Ambi-lowers

I’m going to buy a ambi-lower soon. I would like to know ya’lls opinion on the best one made.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just brought LMT ambi lower for $250 ...I’m digging it, you should check it out

You should also consider radian ambi lower, but they often out of stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Full ambi lowers are much rarer than the half-ambi ones; most will lack a right side bolt lock.

The AXTS/Radian AX566 is usually seen as a great option; it integrates the right side mag drop with the bolt lock. MVB has a forged lower that combines the bolt catch and bolt lock on the right side, with the lever switching function as needed. The ADM UIC and LMT MARS-H are other options that have a separate lever for all the functions, with the latter being forged.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la męme chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'd say if you are looking for a more traditional looking lower with complete ambi features then look no further than the LMT MARS lowers. For the price they are they best deal going. I like the fact that the left and right side catch/release is identical in feel and function to one another. Now that I own one I find it difficult not to swap all my lowers over.

The other option I'd consider is the American Defense UIC lower, though its function is slightly different than the MARS but still allows bolt lock and release from the right side. It has a lever that acts similarly to a pistol slide lock/release. When you push up you can lock the bolt to the rear, or drop the bolt by pressing downward.

Ambi lowers have certainly come a long way.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Radian are the best, lately they’ve only released their lowers in limited runs. Their ADAC feature puts them above other ambi lowers for righties IMO. You become spoiled being able to lock the bolt open by depressing the magazine release with your right index finger, once you use that you will think all ARs should have been designed that way.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Ambi-lowers

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Full ambi lowers are much rarer than the half-ambi ones; most will lack a right side bolt lock.

The AXTS/Radian AX566 is usually seen as a great option; it integrates the right side mag drop with the bolt lock. MVB has a forged lower that combines the bolt catch and bolt lock on the right side, with the lever switching function as needed. The ADM UIC and LMT MARS-H are other options that have a separate lever for all the functions, with the latter being forged.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Radian are the best, lately they’ve only released their lowers in limited runs. Their ADAC feature puts them above other ambi lowers for righties IMO. You become spoiled being able to lock the bolt open by depressing the magazine release with your right index finger, once you use that you will think all ARs should have been designed that way.
    $369.99 at Brownell’s. OOS but can be back ordered.

RADIAN WEAPONS - AR-15 AMBIDEXTROUS LOWER RECEIVER 5.56 BLACK

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    Last edited by officerX; 12-12-18 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the Rainier Ultramatch lower. It is beefy, flared mag well (within reason) and ambi mag and bolt release. I like it and is about 250 bucks. The right side bolt release is a release only and not a catch. Difference between it and the LMT is that the bolt release can be actuated by your index finger if you are right and dominant. It is not just another ping pong paddle. No complaints from it so far.
    Last edited by BOOSTjunkie; 12-12-18 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LMT as others have said, or KAC.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    $369.99 at Brownell’s. OOS but can be back ordered.

RADIAN WEAPONS - AR-15 AMBIDEXTROUS LOWER RECEIVER 5.56 BLACK

I wouldn't hold my breath; I've had several much simpler "Backorder OK" items go over a year before I cancelled. And Radians seem to be a hot item...

Is anyone else nauseated by that awful PMag pattern they put on the Radian magwell? Why to people feel the need to get stupid when doing the aesthetics on billet receivers?

The LMT Mars lower is pretty cool. The two (minor) things I didn't like about it was the clunky/unfinished look of the magwell funnel bevel and the cheap cast "arm" part that extends to the right-side bolt catch to interface with the left side bolt catch. Fit/finish on the rest of the lower was excellent though.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 12-13-18 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath; I've had several much simpler "Backorder OK" items go over a year before I cancelled. And Radians seem to be a hot item...
    From Brownell’s? I don’t know much about this lower but I’ve always had good luck with back orders from Brownell’s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast