Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Takedown issue

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    thats what i tought too, i will try swapping the pivot pin and install the aero one, just to double check....
    I wouldn't bother, personally. If the pivot pin slides left/right freely when there's no upper lug there, and it appears to be straight and of correct size, it's not likely that it is the issue.

Feedback Score
    allright, conducted some little testing:

DPMS pins as expected are not the problem cause, swapped them with aero ones and im still having troubles, looks like HK was somewhere close to the issue, testing with the upper inserted & pivot pin closed, magazine inserted, moving the upper up and down,

it seems the upper is pushing on the magazine, causing it to rock just a little forward and build some tension (enough to kiss it too hard lol)

again, upper works perfectly fine on another lower so i guess the hole must be a tad too low on this one.. should i sand the upper a little? can this affect allignment and cause issue with feeding ext ext? im definitely disappointed with AERO.
    Last edited by Lallop; 12-12-18 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Have you contacted Aero?
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 12-12-18 at 18:08.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    again, upper works perfectly fine on another lower so i guess the hole must be a tad too low on this one.. should i sand the upper a little? can this affect allignment and cause issue with feeding ext ext? im definitely disappointed with AERO.
    If you start modifying the receivers, the manufacturer could reasonably reject any warranty claim. I would stop here and contact Aero.

Feedback Score
    okay taken some very closeup pictures of both assembly, i hope the website shows them properly

so it think this confirms that this lower is "defective", at least it have the pin holes drilled just a hair back, probably enough to tighten things up.

now... i think a tad of filing wont be a big deal? being an international user, any kind of RMA will take a freaking while....... im extremely disappointed tho.

20181212_224254.jpg
    20181212_224308.jpg

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    now... i think a tad of filing wont be a big deal? being an international user, any kind of RMA will take a freaking while....... im extremely disappointed tho.
    Looks like a pretty big machining error. I don't think "a tad of filing" is going to fix this.

Where are you? Who's the Aero importer for you? Do what you like but I think you are giving up any warranty claim if you try to file on the lower to fix the machining defect.

Feedback Score
    Will have to go through Brownells for the RMA.. but lower is registered as a firearm main component, it would require hell of alot of papers to get the lower anywhere outside my hands...... i would be unhappy to touch the upper which is not defective.. but nothing

can be done on the lower itself at this point.

im so disappointed.

Feedback Score
    A little follow up for anyone interested;

filed down a little portion of the highlighted zone in the upper, the edit except for the finish stripped out is basically invisible to the eye, seems to have worked good and now mag (tried only p mags) drop free & dont lock in anymore.

not happy to have been forced to touch the non defective part, but at least now things seems to work good.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    And people wonder why I won’t touch Aero. I know every manufacturer can have issues, but some seem to more than others.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast