Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Door to Door searches coming to NJ?

Feedback Score
    There are a lot of places I used to think were safe.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    From what I have been told, there are still plenty of magazines in the State which exceed the 15 round limit. Contraband has been making it into Jersey for quite a while, and probably still comes in via the trunks of cars or a spouse's handbag. Americans are good at ignoring laws they don't agree with.
    Or simply shipped in U.S. Priority mail boxes....

Feedback Score
    Here in Northeastern New Mexico during the Prohibition years, there were many more bootleggers in Texas than here. Product crossing Texas into New Mexico was common, and several County Sheriffs looked the other way because they were getting a cut of the profit.

I was in Las Vegas, New Mexico this morning at a local eatery for breakfast. My associates and I were discussing the in-coming Devilcrat governor and her plans for magazine bans and limits. The consensus was that nobody was going to go along with such a ban and will just work around it. This is a blue State, but a lot of the politicians are gun owners and pretty independent. It will be interesting to see what Santa Fe can actually accomplish. In my case they will accomplish nothing.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    What if you came upon a non NFA registered machine gun in Kansas, you have the second amendment protection act in your state, how would you handle that?
    I'm a retired citizen, so if I thought he was going to go all Baby Face Nelson with it, I'd notify the local guys. Otherwise, since I don't believe that Kansas's Second Amendment Protection Act is any more legal than legalization of a schedule 1 drug by Colorado, I'd tell the guy that if I was him I'd be rethinking showing the thing in public until the NFA changes.

Personally, I have no problem with MJ, machine guns, SBR's or suppressors, but the current law of the land says otherwise.

Right now, if I was a New Jersey police officer I would go out of my way not to see the capacity of any magazines in the possession of otherwise law abiding citizens.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When gun bans come to Middle America; Middle Americans should go to Chicago and DC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    But they can't "go door to door and look for anything or stop you in your vehicle and check for anything" nor can they randomly pull people over and ask for proof of status without probable cause. Within 100 miles of the border, "100-mile zone" Border Patrol agents have certain additional authorities, so that last part may not apply within 100 miles of the border at relates to Border Patrol agents as i understand it. Obviously, many feel that "100-mile zone" issue is unconstitutional as hell.
    IIRC did LE not go door to door in a Watertown, MA looking for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the wake of the marathon bombing?

No PC, no warrants, just a bunch of knock-knock and automatic rifles all around. There was even a photo of a sniper in a Lenco BearCat's turret providing over watch for the search teams who trained his rifle on the unarmed photographer from his second story bedroom window.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    IIRC did LE not go door to door in a Watertown, MA looking for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the wake of the marathon bombing?

No PC, no warrants, just a bunch of knock-knock and automatic rifles all around. There was even a photo of a sniper in a Lenco BearCat's turret providing over watch for the search teams who trained his rifle on the unarmed photographer from his second story bedroom window.
    ”Exigent circumstances”...immediate threat to public safety.Watertown’s frantic search for a known terrorist on the loose is not the same thing as a door-to-door ransacking of houses to search for contraband that does not pose an immediate threat. Not the same thing at all.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12-18-18 at 05:03.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    During the 10 years of the AWB (1993-2003) in a city of 400,000 + never was a case with "LEO" only magazines possessed by "citizens" There were plenty found and even the ATFE could care less. It wasn't even tacked on with the original charges. I know this is slightly different. Last time I was in NJ, out of 25 coppers, not one knew if 15 rounds was the limit or if hollow points were legal.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    ”Exigent circumstances”...immediate threat to public safety.Watertown’s frantic search for a known terrorist on the loose is not the same thing as a door-to-door ransacking of houses to search for contraband that does not pose an immediate threat. Not the same thing at all.
    So they only need to wait for a violent crime and have a perpetrator escape the scene or have reason to believe that may have happened.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-18-18 at 05:51.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    So they only need to wait for a violent crime and have a perpetrator escape the scene or have reason to believe that may have happened.
    That unlikely scenario isn't going to form a basis for the ongoing door-to-door warrantless searches that Breitbart implies in its latest sky-might-be-falling attempt at hysteria induction in those who are susceptible.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast