Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: DD is making a bolt action rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    No plans for a left handed version at this time. I'm also left handed. Not sure I'd know what to do with a Left Handed Bolt!
    Not being snarky, honest, but I'm a LH shooter and am absolutely hard core, I will not buy a rifle from a company that does not release a LH rifle. I know all the 'you can run a RH bolt left-handed just as fast' arguments, and did it for years, it really doesn't work. Companies that want to get serious in the bolt action market should produce a LH rifle or in the case of combat rifles, ambi features like you guys are doing now on your .308 and 6.5 CM offerings (which is great, btw).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    The bolt design, in concept at least (I've not handled), is very good and updated to what a lot of the latest/best custom actions are doing:
    * 3-lug bolt
    * 60 degree bolt throw
    * Floating head design

Those are features worth having--if well executed. ETA, this is a very thoughtfully designed rifle, if it turns out to actually be well built with quality components, it could be a very good buy at this price point. I have no connection with DD and would not buy one myself, I'm actually irritated that they didn't produce a LH action. That said, it could be a great rifle.
    I understand the bolt design, and the advantages of it. I will point out that some of those same features can be found in competing products at lower costs.

This far in the mid price range (to me) of precision rifles I have been able to physically inspect I would rate the Delta 5 solidly mid pack, with a price that is a bit too much to make it a good value. Plus if a guy wants to shoot PRS, the Delta 5 is too expensive for production division and will most likely not be competitive in the classes with even pricier rigs.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I played with one at Clyde’s. If seemed like a quality gun, with a BUNCH of nice features well executed. They wanted 1999 or something like that and that is a bit much IMHO. I did like it a lot so I am considering buying one from eurooptic for 1599
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I played with one at Clyde’s. If seemed like a quality gun, with a BUNCH of nice features well executed. They wanted 1999 or something like that and that is a bit much IMHO. I did like it a lot so I am considering buying one from eurooptic for 1599
    If looking for a precision bolt gun, I'd definitely also check out the Bergara premier series rifles that also have floating head bolt designs, have a stellar reputation for accuracy and a longer track record than the DD (since bolt guns are their main business), and are available in the same price range or better if you check GB.

Especially the Ridgeback and HMR Pro models. I know 7 shooters than own one or the other of these rifles, all are thrilled with accuracy and quality for the $$$, and you can similarly find tons of positive reviews for these on the Hide. Definitely give them a look and do a side-by-side compare with the DD, including user reviews. If I was a RH shooter and wanted a precision rifle in the $1k-$2K range without going custom, I can say for sure I'd either be on the Tikka Tac A1, or one of these, ahead of the DD.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    $1599 seems like a fair price, especially considering the feature set. If DD releases replacement barrels at a reasonable price it'll be even more tempting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    If DD releases replacement barrels at a reasonable price it'll be even more tempting.
    Stay tuned.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Stay tuned.

Feedback Score
    Some more stock choices would be great in different colors, maybe carbon fiber

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Some more stock choices would be great in different colors, maybe carbon fiber
    When we set out to design and build a bolt action rifle, we knew we'd be building a family of firearms...not just one.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Literally just bought one of these today for $1500. AAAAAAND it's recalled. I may just see if I can return it for a Bergara...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast