G&R Tactical
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: DD is making a bolt action rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    No plans for a left handed version at this time. I'm also left handed. Not sure I'd know what to do with a Left Handed Bolt!
    Not being snarky, honest, but I'm a LH shooter and am absolutely hard core, I will not buy a rifle from a company that does not release a LH rifle. I know all the 'you can run a RH bolt left-handed just as fast' arguments, and did it for years, it really doesn't work. Companies that want to get serious in the bolt action market should produce a LH rifle or in the case of combat rifles, ambi features like you guys are doing now on your .308 and 6.5 CM offerings (which is great, btw).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    The bolt design, in concept at least (I've not handled), is very good and updated to what a lot of the latest/best custom actions are doing:
    * 3-lug bolt
    * 60 degree bolt throw
    * Floating head design

Those are features worth having--if well executed. ETA, this is a very thoughtfully designed rifle, if it turns out to actually be well built with quality components, it could be a very good buy at this price point. I have no connection with DD and would not buy one myself, I'm actually irritated that they didn't produce a LH action. That said, it could be a great rifle.
    I understand the bolt design, and the advantages of it. I will point out that some of those same features can be found in competing products at lower costs.

This far in the mid price range (to me) of precision rifles I have been able to physically inspect I would rate the Delta 5 solidly mid pack, with a price that is a bit too much to make it a good value. Plus if a guy wants to shoot PRS, the Delta 5 is too expensive for production division and will most likely not be competitive in the classes with even pricier rigs.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789