Thread: Light and tight wilderness chest rig?

Feedback Score

Light and tight wilderness chest rig?

I'm looking for a lightweight, low profile chest rig that can be worn comfortably under a heavy frame pack, for civilian wilderness trekking. To mount the pack properly, I can't have anything on my waist/belt (at least, not comfortably).

I'd like the rig to have pouches or holders for a handheld radio, GPS, flashlight, multi-tool, and ideally a zip-style flat pouch for documents or maps. An option for a pistol holster (full frame auto) would be nice, if such a thing exists in a form factor that a backpack can go over.

I've gotten by putting the radio and GPS on the backpack's shoulder straps, and the flashlight and multi-tool on the backpack's belt - but for some of what I'm doing I need the option of shedding the pack while keeping essential and sensitive items on my person.

Coaxsher makes something that looks to be close: https://www.coaxsher.com/Radio-Chest...ss-p/rp203.htm, but I have no experience with this brand and no idea what else might be out there. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Hill People Gear Kit Bag. It's made for what you're asking.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Hill People Gear Kit Bag. It's made for what you're asking.
    My Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag works great for the exact specs you're looking for. I've mounted a few pouches to the Molle.

Maybe the Haley Strategic D3CRM would work as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have the Coaxsher and I doubt it will be what you need. I have similar needs to yours and have a Hill People chest rig on my Christmas list.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Solid pointers, all - exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Hill People Gear also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    HPG Kit bag discussion thread:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...e-Gear-Kit-Bag

It's well worth the money. Mine is now 7 years old and is in the same shape as day one. Taken it ALL over the world.