Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 13.7 "Do All" SBR

Feedback Score

13.7 "Do All" SBR

I've had this rifle in its current configuration for about 8 months now. I don't think it'll be changing anytime soon, so I thought I'd do a write up on it.

I wanted a that would cover pretty much all my bases. Short enough to be nimble. Long enough to make hits at 600+. IR laser/illuminator for use with nods.

Barrel is a true 13.75 from Triarc Systems. Mid-length. I'm running an A5 buffer (h3) along with an LMT enhanced carrier. I have thousands of rounds through this gun and haven't had a single hiccup, so I'm very confident in its reliability at this point. This combo also makes for an extremely soft shooting gun, especially with the small gasport on the Triarc barrel. I believe its .073.

Other upper parts. I have a BCM upper receiver and a Geissele Mk14 rail. Optic is a Razor 1-6 "E" in a Geissele 1.93 mount. I prefer the more "heads up" shooting position I get from the taller mount. Running an Atpial-C for IR and a Surefire M600u off a Surefire dual switch.

Lower, pretty standard stuff here. Spikes SBR'd lower receiver. Vltor A5H3 and an SSA-E. BCM & Magpul furniture.

In regards to accuracy. It's 2-3 moa with Wolf Gold or my economy handloads and me as a shooter. I've never tried anything but 55gr blasting ammo so I can't say much more in that regard. I have made hits on C zone steel at 700 with a good spotter. I'm sure with match grade ammo it'd be an MOA gun.

Only thing I'm waiting on is a Sandman K. Hopefully that stamp will be approved within a month. Currently I run my Specwar 556k on it from time to time.

Hope ya'll dig it!

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Sweet rig. Good work!
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Good looking rig man. I've been wanting to hear feedback on that barrel for awhile. My only question is why didnt you pin it with a dead air nox or flash hider ect... and just forgo the sbr lower?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What an awesome rifle!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Good looking rig man. I've been wanting to hear feedback on that barrel for awhile. My only question is why didnt you pin it with a dead air nox or flash hider ect... and just forgo the sbr lower?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I actually had a Dead Air flash hider pinned on it originally. I removed that when the NOX came out. I sold the 10.3 upper that was on my SBR lower, so I moved this 13.7 to said lower. I wanted to be able to suppress it with the can I have while I wait on the Sandman K, so I took the NOX off and put a standard ASR flash hider on and left it unpinned.

I haven't bothered re-pinning the NOX because I'm kind of on the fence about it. It drives the muzzle down a bit too much IMO and is obnoxiously loud. I prefer flash hiders over comps or brakes.

Feedback Score
    Awesome looking rifle.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Beautiful. Only thing I could possibly add to that setup would be some kind of BUIS set. Very nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Beautiful. Only thing I could possibly add to that setup would be some kind of BUIS set. Very nice.
    Thank you! I thought about adding an offset RMR, but I don't think its really necessary. I have two methods of aiming, one being an arguable tank of an optic.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Great build. I run similar...but with a LMT MWS .308 with a 13.7 pinned barrel.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Awesome rifle! I say that because I have almost an identical gun, and it is far and away my favorite to shoot. Geissele Mk14 with a 13.7 and sandman flash hider, Vltor A5 with A5H3 buffer and Law folder, Trijicon 1-4 accupoint in a larue 1.93 mount, and surefire m600 is what I have, and it's a stellar 'do-all' rifle.

Regarding the Sandman-K, I have one that basically lives on this gun. I think the K is one of the best options for a 12.5-16" barrel. I added the flash hiding endcap because there was significant muzzle flash visible through the optic. The endcap does tame it quite a bit, and was well worth the money.

I'm glad to see others using a similar set-up, and I'm honestly looking to build a second one as a back-up because I do so much with this one rifle. Best of luck on the stamp wait on the Sandman-K, I'm confident you will really like what it does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast