Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92A1

Feedback Score

Beretta 92A1

This 92 variant doesn't seem to get a lot of press. To anyone that owns one, is it that much of a step up from a basic 92/M9?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I prefer the 92A1, they are Italian made, dovetailed front and rear sights, plus the rounded trigger guard and rail. I dropped some more $$$ into mine for a LTT trigger kit and the G-conversion.

Mine is one of my very few range / fun pistols - not that it is unsuited for carry (other than being large) or a house gun, but I just use Glocks for that.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Huge step up IMHO.

I’ve owned/own multiple copies of the 92A1 and 96A1. Once I bought my first one all of my other Berettas went away.

I’ll double what RHINO said. Rounded trigger guard, rail, sights and Italian made.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    This 92 variant doesn't seem to get a lot of press. To anyone that owns one, is it that much of a step up from a basic 92/M9?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This might elicit more 'Dat Firefly boy on acid again", but I kinda like the squared trigger guard. The ring trigger guard looks nice but I just think the square one seems better. Still, had I not stumbled upon my Vertec and were LTTs not a thing; I'd look hard at a 92A1

Feedback Score
    Isn't the 92A1 slide slightly heavier than a standard 92 slide?

Feedback Score
    I have a 92FS, and the M9, and the slides don't look that different to me.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Isn't the 92A1 slide slightly heavier than a standard 92 slide?
    You're thinking of the Brigadier slide.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score

Cool

I put about 50 rnds through one last month while comparing it to a Sig P226 (same 50 rnds fired) and I would have given them both an A (A-F range) for performance (even though my experience is extremely limited with them. Maybe 100 rnds total with beretta 92s). I shot the 92A1 a little bit better. Might be getting one sometime in the future.

I would say get one. Do it!

And if you can afford it... Get a Sig P226 with it.
    Last edited by Rattler5; 12-16-18 at 01:43.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had one for eight-ish years. Competed with it for a long time and used it in a few courses.

I think I’m somewhere around 10k to 12k rounds and an untold number of dry fires. The only work I’ve done is swapping a “D” spring early on. It’s never had a single malfunction of any kind.

It’s been a fantastic pistol. The biggest drawback I’ve had all that time was a lack of holsters for it, but that problem seems to have gotten a lot better in the last few years with many boutique holster makers popping up.

Do you have any particular plans for it?

Feedback Score
    Probably a range gun with a possible HD function.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast