Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Nation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB View Post
    I've personally returned products to nearly everyone at the top tier. My closest friends have sent back Kahles (multiple times) ACOGs (for months at a time), NF and more. The OP of this thread just had a NF turret get stuck out of the box just the week or two prior that necessitated return to NF. If you shoot enough, you will end up needing a warranty. And Vortex (in my experience) has the best warranty and experience of all of them.
    Good for you, I could care less what you have or haven't returned or your friends. Yes every brand has mad a lemon or two, Vortex makes primarily low end lemons, that's the difference.

Their AMG and UH-1 products, as well as the turret mechanisms in the Razor are all made in house in Wisconsin. Furthermore, the NF ATACR, Razors, Trij Accupoints and many more all are shipped from the same factory ~100 miles east of Tokyo.
    Great, one product that's made in the USA. The rest are sourced or built in China or the Philippines, but they wouldn't discuss where their lenses come from when asked during a product knowledge session.

A) Every company's goal is profit. B) Just because Volkswagen sells Jettas doesn't make Lamborghinis any less excellent. Same company.

Same parent company, not the same level of QA/QC, materials or manufacturing processes.

Jeff Bezos was worth $12b and bought a Honda Accord. Buying something with a good performance to value ratio doesn't make a person any lesser than yourself.

Totally agree, a good value for the dollar is the goal for us all. There is little value for the dollar in Vortex products.

This is incorrect, much like most of your post. You are just spewing bullshit.

No factual, I sell Vortex at the shop I work at and the numbers are legit.

It's argon, not nitrogen. Again, you are incorrect and just spewing bullshit.

An inert gas, wasn't sure which one Vortex claimed to use, don't really care.

Vortex is buying enough optics from their vendors that the suppliers probably immediately issue credit for defective merchandise. Minor repairs that don't necessitate return to the vendor are repaired and sold as off-price to vendors like AA Optics and Cabela's Bargain Cave. Major repairs that can't be done on-site are bulked together on a pallet and returned overseas for refurbishment.

And somehow NOT delaying the customer while waiting for the scope to be returned, checked in, evaluated, repaired, rechecked, and then shipped back is a bad thing?
    They aren't fixing sh*t, they're tossing them and issuing a replacement. Their margins are huge and it simply isn't worth the time or money to fix low end junk. Bushnell does the same.
    Trijicon taking 3 months to repair my ACOG made me never buy from them again. And clearly by the market share of their optics at every level proves that I'm not the only one that is irritated at the level of service from their competitors.

You mean the same company who likely focuses more on the mil contract optics that need repair vs the civilian side? Waiting for an optic to be repaired, such a first world problem. But returning your Vortex on the regular is less of an inconvenience??
    in the blue

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    in the blue
    So, you don’t have an issue with the warranty Vortex offers and honors, which is what this thread is about...you just have an axe to grind?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score

Vortex Nation

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    So, you don’t have an issue with the warranty Vortex offers and honors, which is what this thread is about...you just have an axe to grind?
    Sounds like it.

I like my Vortex gear. I wish it was made in the USA, but it’s not like I can find same price/quality products from other companies made here. But unlike other companies, Vortex warranty is the same regardless of product price point. That’s a huge plus for me, as anything can break or shit the bed...

I don’t have the need nor budget to buy a $1000+ scope. My “top level” scopes are $500-600 bucks. Same relative price points for my binoculars, red dots, etc. there are other good companies in that space, but I’m comfortable with Vortex.

The RD sights on my HD carbines are Aimpoint Pro’s, mainly because of battery life and, I well, I don’t want them to fail...

But my Strikefire RD, Venom RD, Viper scope, and Vortex $85 binos are all doing great, and most are several years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 12-21-18 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Sounds like it.

I like my Vortex gear. I wish it was made in the USA, but it’s not like I can find same price/quality products from other companies made here. But unlike other companies, Vortex warranty is the same regardless of product price point. That’s a huge plus for me, as anything can break or shit the bed...

I don’t have the need nor budget to buy a $1000+ scope. My “top level” scopes are $500-600 bucks. Same relative price points for my binoculars, red dots, etc. there are other good companies in that space, but I’m comfortable with Vortex.

The RD sights on my HD carbines are Aimpoint Pro’s, mainly because of battery life and, I well, I don’t want them to fail...

But my Strikefire RD, Venom RD, Viper scope, and Vortex $85 binos are all doing great, and most are several years old.

You literally CANNOT find optics made in the USA. AMG Vortex is as close as it gets.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good time to close this thread, where is Willy we you need him?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Truth of the matter is American's desire for low price has pushed production of a lot of things overseas.

Gun owners are the worst of the lot, scouring the interwebz for a 1% off code or the cheapest 'fair' price they can get.

Buy and use what you like and can afford.

Then move out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Anyone notice a trend? Almost every poster thus far has had a Vor CRAP product shit the bed early in life and not due to hard use.
    Ok, let's review your claim. There were 10 posts before yours...

#1 PB Bought refurbs, no way of knowing the original issue. Admittedly doesn't seem like the refurb was done correctly. Bought a mount used that some had bubba'd by stripping screws. The power of bubba is strong.

#2 Wake27 Bought wrong optic, Vortex traded it out (pretty unexpected service imo). Gun fell from leaning on bench. Could happen to any top tier brand and take damage.

#3 TXBK had an issue, quickly taken care of. Issue not described.

#4 Freelance thought he had a faulty optic, turned out it was Astigmatism. I feel for the guy as I am afflicted too.

#5 signal4l had a faulty illuminator on a 1-4

#6 thopkins22 states Vortex took CS lessons from Surefire.

#7 Wake27 is wondering about something in this post. No shitting the bed here.

#8 BuzzinSATX had a Strikefire with issues. High volume lower end product.

#9 Alpine 2k3 another Strikefire

#10 Frenchman bought a bunch of Vortex stuff, no issues and seems like a happy camper.

So basically, your claim doesn't hold up which leads me to believe you have an axe to grind as someone else stated. Have a nice day!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    A good warranty is great. It's not great when a company sells you garbage and expects you to use the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Sounds like it.

Ah, so for serious use you don't trust your Vortex products? That's what I'm getting as your HD rifles sport Aimpoints. This precisely illustrates my point. The price is enough for most to swallow and is couple with just enough marketing and BS to convince you you're not buying junk. However, you freely admit(and I'm sure others do too) that they don't trust Vortex with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    You literally CANNOT find optics made in the USA. AMG Vortex is as close as it gets.
    I thought Leupold was "made in America"?? Oh wait, they're assembled in the USA from foreign(Asian) components. I believe Nightforce is 100% USA made save for their lenses which are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Truth of the matter is American's desire for low price has pushed production of a lot of things overseas.

Gun owners are the worst of the lot, scouring the interwebz for a 1% off code or the cheapest 'fair' price they can get.

Buy and use what you like and can afford.

Then move out.
    NAILED IT!!! People infected with "Walmart" syndrome are only concerned about price and having MORE. Quality has no bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Ok, let's review your claim. There were 10 posts before yours...

#1 PB Bought refurbs, no way of knowing the original issue. Admittedly doesn't seem like the refurb was done correctly. Bought a mount used that some had bubba'd by stripping screws. The power of bubba is strong.
    So faulty. Refurb or not, if it doesn't work it shouldn't make it out the door
    #2 Wake27 Bought wrong optic, Vortex traded it out (pretty unexpected service imo). Gun fell from leaning on bench. Could happen to any top tier brand and take damage.
    Pretty sure top tier optics wouldn't shit the bed from a bench fall.
    #3 TXBK had an issue, quickly taken care of. Issue not described.
    So failed optic
    #4 Freelance thought he had a faulty optic, turned out it was Astigmatism. I feel for the guy as I am afflicted too.
    Shitty deal..
    #5 signal4l had a faulty illuminator on a 1-4
    Faulty optic
    #6 thopkins22 states Vortex took CS lessons from Surefire.
    Surfire isn't the first nor the only company to offer quality CS but good on them
    #7 Wake27 is wondering about something in this post. No shitting the bed here.

#8 BuzzinSATX had a Strikefire with issues. High volume lower end product.
    Faulty optic
    #9 Alpine 2k3 another Strikefire
    Faulty optic
    #10 Frenchman bought a bunch of Vortex stuff, no issues and seems like a happy camper.

So basically, your claim doesn't hold up which leads me to believe you have an axe to grind as someone else stated. Have a nice day!
    In the blue.

So 6 of the ten posters in the thread had problems with their products. That's a healthy start. On a side note the Vortex reps claim that the majority of their failures that they receive are crushed scope tubes.

ETA: Here's a couple videos of quality optics getting shit kicked.

Garandthumb tossing a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 then confirming the zero at 600. (7:10 mark)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZ3leUm98A

Aaron Cowan- Sage Dynamics tossing a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 off the second floor.(9:50 mark)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUIZxk7l0k
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-23-18 at 04:11.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    A good warranty is great. It's not great when a company sells you garbage and expects you to use the warranty.

Ah, so for serious use you don't trust your Vortex products? That's what I'm getting as your HD rifles sport Aimpoints. This precisely illustrates my point. The price is enough for most to swallow and is couple with just enough marketing and BS to convince you you're not buying junk. However, you freely admit(and I'm sure others do too) that they don't trust Vortex with their life.

I thought Leupold was "made in America"?? Oh wait, they're assembled in the USA from foreign(Asian) components. I believe Nightforce is 100% USA made save for their lenses which are Japanese.

NAILED IT!!! People infected with "Walmart" syndrome are only concerned about price and having MORE. Quality has no bearing.

In the blue.

So 6 of the ten posters in the thread had problems with their products. That's a healthy start. On a side note the Vortex reps claim that the majority of their failures that they receive are crushed scope tubes.

Garandthumb tossing a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 then confirming the zero at 600. (7:10 mark)

Aaron Cowan- Sage Dynamics tossing a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 off the second floor.(9:50 mark)
    My buddy Paul already had his ATACR 1-8 break, and I know others who have had NX8's with horrible QA/QC have to go back, people get K16i's with crooked AF crosshairs, lots and lots of MK6's with black trash in the glass, I mean...it's not like everyone else hasn't put out a lemon or three, too.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Vortex Nation

In the blue.

The below gun was sitting on top of a normal height shooting bench. I assume that's between 3-4 feet high? I'm not sure how but its pretty windy and I assume the bipod wasn't quite level but the entire thing fell off of the bench and onto the concrete. The gun turned upside down and the top turret and top of the ocular ring is what made contact with the cement floor. The only damage, was that the turret cap was slightly bent, so that I had to be careful when threading it. This is probably a 10 pound gun and it was a hard fall. No shitting the bed of any kind. DIdn't even lose zero.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast