Thread: Outfitting a Micro Roni Pistol Stabilizer for a suppressor...

Feedback Score

Outfitting a Micro Roni Pistol Stabilizer for a suppressor...

I have a 2nd generation Micro Roni Stabilizer, but since I acquired suppressors, I really didn’t want to shoot without one.

Some options included removing the Flash Hider and using a Dremel to cut the frame. That is something I wasn’t comfortable doing.

I saw a video on YouTube, by Solscud, and I wanted to keep it as a pistol.

So I ordered a 10” barrel By IGB out of YRS Inc. I acquired my Gen 3 Glock 19 for free apart from the Humpty Dumpty Glock Story.

I took the brace off and slid the Glock right into it.

First thing I did was remove my suppressor sights so I could use them for something else.

Then I polished the feedramp in the barrel.

For the Micro Roni Stabilizer , it requires removal of the brace to fit the Glock into it.

If you get a 16” barrel, you have to take the whole Roni apart by removing the rail and opening the clamshell to push a long barrel from one end.

For the 10”, the Glock will fit right into after removal of the brace. The brace is secured by two screws, and a plastic pin. Under the securing latch, there is a button and a detent spring.

I’m going to shoot it Suppressed today.

Before this, I considered a Ruger PC Carbine 9 mm, Keltec Sub 2000, AR 9 mm. But I already had a spare Glock and the Roni. The spare Glock was free (See Humpty Dumpty Glock thread). I have had the Micro Roni for a while.

The barrel was $187, shipped.

As for how it will run, I saw this video by someone else today...Glock 17 10” Barrel Suppressed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpsa...w#action=share
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 12-16-18 at 07:40.

Feedback Score
    Recently, I wanted to modify the CAA Gear Roni Micro Stabilizer for Suppressor use.

The opening of the enclosure was too narrow for a Can on a standard Glock 19.

I have seen people cut the plastic opening. Not something I wanted to do.

Thanks to Solscud a Youtuber and reviewer, and LOS from AR15DotCom suggesting some mods, I did what I did.

I acquired a 10” threaded barrel from YRS, Inc, by IGB Austria. It protrudes beyond the Roni frame for my Suppressor.

In summary, I tried different brands of ammo, but the Roni as it stood, was not working with the suppressor. I was getting FTE after FTE. It was OK without a can (limited test of 10 with 1 FTE)...

I initially changed the Guide rods and spring, thinking the higher power spring was creating resistance causing the FTE. I saw a YouTube video of someone with a 16” using the mod which appeared to work. But again, FTE after FTE so back to the drawing board.

I ended up cutting the Concussion device as was suggested, as the barrel was contacting it. I could see a small segment of wear on the top margin of the barrel.

You see the rub point on the dorsal barrel margin.

I took off the excess steel, but questions were raised if the barrel would still contact the concussion device.

It was not pretty, either.

I mounted it onto my Bench vise and I let the dremel have its way. Because of the protruding end of the Concussion device I was just going to cut it first, then trim the edges.

I sanded and polished the near finished piece.

The daunting task of reassembly was intimidating.

Because the rail screws did not loosen I did not bother removing them.

I placed the detent spring of the rail release and pushed the parts together, and I hammered with a plastic mallet.

The rest was easy

I now have clearance for the barrel.

So I went from this:

To this:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's pretty slick...Looks like some kind of sci-fi blaster.

I like it! Nice work!

Feedback Score

Outfitting a Micro Roni Pistol Stabilizer for a suppressor...

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    That's pretty slick...Looks like some kind of sci-fi blaster.

I like it! Nice work!
    I did more removal along the inside of the muzzle device.

Afterwards, I had it running perfectly with a Suppressor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsbJxiGn...d=flnpsgjqn1k9

Here is my friend testing it with 147 and 158 gr bullets out a a 10” barrel.

The difference is noticeable.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8_vtlH...=17aektwg9j8m1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 01-26-19 at 13:59.