Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Article: Training for Reality: Reloads and Situational Awareness

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    LAV is going to get DQed running a gun like that.
    Where would he get DQed? It looks a lot like the technique I learned from Ray Chapman in 1982.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Where would he get DQed? It looks a lot like the technique I learned from Ray Chapman in 1982.
    Throwback to something someone said about a photo earlier in the thread. 99.99% sure it was a joke referencing that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Throwback to something someone said about a photo earlier in the thread. 99.99% sure it was a joke referencing that.
    Roger that, I must have missed it. I was cautioned about reloading in that manner at a USPSA match. I did not get DQed, but I was cautioned. I also received sage advice about not wearing a Level 3 holster, wearing mag pouches without flaps and snaps and not performing slide lock reloads to pick up tenths of a second.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I do believe you should practice reloads but not necessarily with the 1 reload 1 drill. I prefer to have an unknown amount loaded in a magazine when practicing reloads, that's when techniques are really tested I believe. If you know the reload is coming after one shot what is that really training? Heck, it might even cause a very bad habit of dropping the mag prematurely.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What I've been taught, teach and do mirrors the LAV video. Solid manipulations of the gun and mags. There are some organizations that mandate keeping the gun pointed at "the target" this also carriers over to some private groups. In my opinion they let safety completely over ride reality. For one, the gun is empty at that point, when the magazine is re inserted, the pistol is reoriented back towards the target. The trigger finger is straight as well, I don't see how it's unsafe. One can also validate the technique under real world events or even during a competition, try that with your arm out straight and try to reload efficiently under stress, low/no light and movement.

Quick draws and reloads are important but they aren't the end all either.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678