Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lmt carrier = noticeable difference?

Feedback Score

Lmt carrier = noticeable difference?

I understand the engineering behind it, but when will the upgrade be noticeable as opposed to just improved efficiency which should lead to longevity?

Just on a suppressed Sbr?

What about a precision 16”?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    I understand the engineering behind it, but when will the upgrade be noticeable as opposed to just improved efficiency which should lead to longevity?

Just on a suppressed Sbr?

What about a precision 16”?
    Its not about efficiency, the LMT enhanced carrier is about solving the issues of 14.5" and 16" carbine gas systems. If you arent running those gas systems then you probably dont need to be using one.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It actually works very well with suppressed SBR's.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Its not about efficiency, the LMT enhanced carrier is about solving the issues of 14.5" and 16" carbine gas systems. If you arent running those gas systems then you probably dont need to be using one.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Difference between a Colt BCG and LMT EBCG. Requires one less on the gas setting of an SLR AGB on a Noveske 14.5 middy with A5H3. Reliable lock back. Functions from UMC 55 gr to M855.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, what I'm reading here is that a mid-length would not need such a enhanced BCG? I just ordered a Colt BCG for an eventual middy 16" carbine I hope to build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    So, what I'm reading here is that a mid-length would not need such a enhanced BCG? I just ordered a Colt BCG for an eventual middy 16" carbine I hope to build.
    I think you might be mixing up quality and enhanced. No doubt many will agree that the Colt is a quality BCG, the LMT carrier has several changes/improvements that your Colt BCG won't have:

here is an article with pretty good pictures: http://smallarmssolutions.com/home/l...d-bolt-carrier

I'd like to get one but the cost compared to my normal toolcrafts on sale keeps me on the bench.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK, yes there are improvements that any rifle/carbine could benefit from. Specifically carbine length gas systems but any length gas system too. But I'm not SOCOM and I don't, as much as I would like to have, their budget or shooting schedule. So, I'll just stay over here and be happy with my Colt BCG... I will be using a LMT receiver so there!

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine that there would be any benefit to using an LMT Enhanced carrier in a 20" barrel with a rifle length gas system.

Bolt yes, carrier no.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    It actually works very well with suppressed SBR's.
    Definitely, I've been following other users experiences in the other LMT threads with suppressed SBRs. My previous post was more for the not so savvy general audience since it seems it does require some tinkering based on the barrel length, gas port and buffer weight combo.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 12-10-18 at 19:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need to try one of Pappabear's LMT carriers in my suppressed SBR. It's ported down, but still snappy as hell. I'd love to see if the carrier makes a difference.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast