Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any experience with Nightforce ATACR 1-8?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Any experience with Nightforce ATACR 1-8?

Im interested in getting a rifle scope and I have heard great things about the ATACR family, I had a NXS 1-4x24 with the IHR reticle a few years ago but sold it. Ive seen some videos from Garand Thumb and other on YouTube but I wanted to hear from you guys on your experience. Im looking at the Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24 F1 with the FC-DM reticle. Are these good in low light? Ive never had a scope that can go from 1 power to 8 power, how is the overall optics? Clear?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It's my opinion this scope is the best lpvo on the market right now for the above average shooter that has the ability to shoot past 500 yds. The reticle is amazing for fast wind adjustments and calculating hold overs for movers, the glass is every bit as good as the atacr bigger brothers in the 4-16 and 5-25 range, the eye box and eye relief is the best of the 1-8s on the market, and its daylight bright on the highest setting.

Could the eye box be bigger ala razor 1-6, yes, but this is a ffp 1-8. Could it be lighter, probably not and still maintain its durability. I downsized my optics collections to pick up a second atacr 1-8. If you want 1 scope to do 0 to 700ish this is it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    It's my opinion this scope is the best lpvo on the market right now for the above average shooter that has the ability to shoot past 500 yds. The reticle is amazing for fast wind adjustments and calculating hold overs for movers, the glass is every bit as good as the atacr bigger brothers in the 4-16 and 5-25 range, the eye box and eye relief is the best of the 1-8s on the market, and its daylight bright on the highest setting.

Could the eye box be bigger ala razor 1-6, yes, but this is a ffp 1-8. Could it be lighter, probably not and still maintain its durability. I downsized my optics collections to pick up a second atacr 1-8. If you want 1 scope to do 0 to 700ish this is it.

Agree with everything Furyballer says. I have the NX8, and 3 ATACR’s. The 1-8, 4-16, and 5-25. Guess I like NF huh?
    But in all seriousness, the ATACR 1-8 is a true, top end, professional grade scope. Is it expensive? Yes....but if you’re a person that buys the best once, the ATACR is absolutely worth it. I use my scopes professionally, so it is worth it to me.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 12-18-18 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The USSOCOM-spec ATACR riflescope will sport a custom BDC combat reticle. Has Nightforce indicated yet if this scope and reticle combo will be available to everyone at some point? For my needs, I would only consider the scope if I could get it with the above BDC combat reticle. As always, it will be interesting to see what new LPV scopes are introduced at SHOT this year.

Feedback Score
    I've shot these from 3 to 1100 yards with the current FC-DM reticle. It's spectacular.

I had to dial in some of the correction when I went past the 10 Mils in the reticle. That was less than ideal, as the turrets are so low profile. Since the reticle usually gets me to 900+, it's not a concern I'm going to have regularly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    The USSOCOM-spec ATACR riflescope will sport a custom BDC combat reticle. Has Nightforce indicated yet if this scope and reticle combo will be available to everyone at some point? For my needs, I would only consider the scope if I could get it with the above BDC combat reticle. As always, it will be interesting to see what new LPV scopes are introduced at SHOT this year.
    Likely not a lot unless Leupold drops the one they've been playing with. Vortex won't, and NF won't, although you may see something from them passed around in the back rooms like the ATACR was for several years prior to 2018.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Why do you want a bdc reticle? Once you learn mils it will work for you anywhere, at any elevation, with any load.

Also, that's the reason why I have the atacr on my 556 guns so I dont have to go to turrets for 90% of my shots.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    What is a BDC reticle? Im not looking to go out past 400y, the reason I want this scope is because my LGS had pretty much sold it to me when talking about it. I'm not a precision shooter by any means but I would like to hit targets between 100-400y, not looking for deadly accuracy but just to get a round on target and be able to zoom in, that's why I liked the 8 power function.

Feedback Score
    Folks considering the ATAC 1-8 will be spending at least around $2800 for it and a mount. They will need to determine if their personal situation realistically warrants such an investment, in light of the other choices out there.
    Last edited by RKR; 12-20-18 at 07:23.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    0-400 yards I'd think a Vortex Razor HD 2 1-6 "E" would be a much better buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast