Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BRN-10 General Thoughts/Opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BRN-10 General Thoughts/Opinions?

These guns have been shipping for a little bit now and I have to admit being pretty curious. The retro AR10 really doesn't serve a purpose other than simply owning it. I guess it would be a fun companion piece to your M-1A that doesn't have a scope or your HK91 or PTR or FAL, etc.

So what's the general consensus? Outside the fact that these are really just a DPMS with Armalite inspired receiver sets and not a repro at all and have some kind of cheap brown furniture are we seeing any problems? Are they gassed okay? Run okay with mags that fit the mag well? Accuracy decent? Any delivery timeframe on the Brownell's waffle mag and more correct appearing pistol grip?

MAC and FW videos below.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-19-18 at 14:35.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another one:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd like to know more about these guns too. I saw the FW one where they were shooting it and getting some failures.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There doesn't appear to be much end user feedback yet. There's an eleven or twelve page thread over on TOS but not much real info there.

About the only thing noteworthy is that Brownell's has changed the height of the front sight post. The original was too short so some rifles were shooting quite high at 100 yards. I think 10" in one instance.

Also, at least one rifle had a canted front sight that kept the owner from being able to fully correct for windage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting that there's no 1st hand experience with these yet. I guess the market interest is just too small...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m on the fence about buying a Brownell’s retro AR.

Have heard FSBs are sometimes canted, and furniture is flimsy - is this true?

As stated above, not much market feedback so far...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post

Have heard FSBs are sometimes canted, and furniture is flimsy - is this true?
    I don't know how flimsy it is. I haven't seen anyone doing any sort of drop tests, etc.

Ian of Forgotten Weapons comments about the overall cheap feel of the BRN-10 furniture. I haven't seen anything he might have done on the rest of the retro line but I assume the pistol grip and stock are the same across the retro line. I also note that the BRN-10 has no heat shields. Is this true on the XM/M16 line too?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A brief history of production variations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast