Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRN-10 General Thoughts/Opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownell's is now shipping the retro AR10 waffle mags. Interestingly they have decided to make these compatible with original and modern rifles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's something that might put you in a retro frame of mind. An historic interview with Alan S. Wilder who was assigned to the Springfield Armory. Gun stuff starts about thirteen minutes in:

http://www.forgeofinnovation.org/Spr...H_Wilder.html#
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Great book I love on the AR10 is, “The Armlite AR10: World’s Finest Battle Rifle”
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a local fellow who makes belts and guitar straps make me a repro sling. The metal slider and the button on the tail end came off a cheap sling I bought off eBay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I had a local fellow who makes belts and guitar straps make me a repro sling. The metal slider and the button on the tail end came off a cheap sling I bought off eBay.

Man, that is a great looking rifle! The sling looks really good too! Lucky man.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Man, that is a great looking rifle! The sling looks really good too! Lucky man.
    Thanks. I'm generally pretty happy with it. The new mag and pistol grip really sort of set it off as far as the overall looks go.

Fingers crossed that Brownell's will come out with some sort of Portuguese-ish forend.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-25-19 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does your's (or do the new ones shipping) have the heat shield handguards that Brownells has now?

I'd love some Portugese style handguards, and a barrel-sleeve bayonet mounts.

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on one of these, so any feedback would be awesome.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 10-03-19 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Does your's (or do the new ones shipping) have the heat shield handguards that Brownells has now?

I'd love some Portugese style handguards, and a barrel-sleeve bayonet mounts.

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on one of these, so any feedback would be awesome.
    I don't know if the current rifles ship with the heat shield forend but Brownell's does sell the forend by itself.

I added the heat shield forend to mine a couple weeks ago. I don't know if it really makes a difference or not. But I'm not really doing mag dumps with the rifle.

Another item recently for sale is a steel 308 waffle mag. These still have the correct waffle look but are probably more likely to last. The aluminum waffle mags are pretty thin and light. They probably won't hold up to continued range use.

I have one new steel mag and like it. It seats pretty easily when full, drops free and locks the bolt back. My only complaint is that the waffle pattern isn't very deep.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I see the steel AR-15 waffle mags but only aluminum AR-10 waffles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast