Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Machine and Tool 12 days of Christmas Sale

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Picked up a rifle length MRP MLOK for $450. Couldn't pass it up...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Picked up a rifle length MRP MLOK for $450. Couldn't pass it up...
    What time did you order yours at? I got mine at 12:04. Apparently many tried to buy them at 7am when they were already OOS. I feel lucky to have gotten one now after hearing how many didn't get them. I hope hoarders didn't buy the bulk of them.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    What time did you order yours at? I got mine at 12:04. Apparently many tried to buy them at 7am when they were already OOS. I feel lucky to have gotten one now after hearing how many didn't get them. I hope hoarders didn't buy the bulk of them.
    Well I went to bed at 9 p.m. central time, set my alarm for midnight. Then I had to create a new account because my LEO Account wouldn't give me the special price...After fumbling around for a paranoid 10 minutes, I thought they'd be sold out, I finally got the order through...Woke up at 6 a.m. n saw they were still in stock and texted a co-worker and advised them that he still had a shot...Checked again at 8 a.m.and poof...I should have ordered more..Crazy deal...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well I went to bed at 9 p.m. central time, set my alarm for midnight. Then I had to create a new account because my LEO Account wouldn't give me the special price...After fumbling around for a paranoid 10 minutes, I thought they'd be sold out, I finally got the order through...Woke up at 6 a.m. n saw they were still in stock and texted a co-worker and advised them that he still had a shot...Checked again at 8 a.m.and poof...I should have ordered more..Crazy deal...
    Amazing deal indeed. Appreciate that timeline...seems to nail down when they went OOS. If I didn't already have too many MRPs, I would have bought two.

What are you going to do with yours? I'm looking forward to a bunch of rifle length MLR builds. I've been looking at attachments tonight. I need a LW 14.5/16" barrel for it. I'm tempted to use a 6520 pencil barrel like I've wanted to do for years. I'm just not much into custom stuff.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Yeah I really had no intention of buying one...I’ve had three CQB MRP’s in the past that I sold. Still have an MWS that I love. Recently got the itch for a cqb mrp mlok. Called lmt and found out I could order a stripped mars lower or a pistoled mars lower even though they were out of stock... just had my ffl register w them so I could order. This deal just detoured that idea. I’ll order a regular mars lower for a recce spr-ish build. I already have a new bcg. I’ll order a 16” Barrel and ship to Marvin Pitts n chop n pin 14” w WarComp so I maintain a mid length gas system and ball mill the barrel. Probably add a leupold mk6 1-6 for glass, dunno though. Your lw pencil barrel idea would be an awesome jack of all trades rifle. I have a feeling that my 14” Ball milled version may still be heavier than I want .
    Amazing deal indeed. Appreciate that timeline...seems to nail down when they went OOS. If I didn't already have too many MRPs, I would have bought two.

What are you going to do with yours? I'm looking forward to a bunch of rifle length MLR builds. I've been looking at attachments tonight. I need a LW 14.5/16" barrel for it. I'm tempted to use a 6520 pencil barrel like I've wanted to do for years. I'm just not much into custom stuff.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 12-25-18 at 06:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I really had no intention of buying one...I’ve had three CQB MRP’s in the past that I sold. Still have an MWS that I love. Recently got the itch for a cqb mrp mlok. Called lmt and found out I could order a stripped mars lower or a pistoled mars lower even though they were out of stock... just had my ffl register w them so I could order. This deal just detoured that idea. I’ll order a regular mars lower for a recce spr-ish build. I already have a new bcg. I’ll order a 16” Barrel and ship to Marvin Pitts n chop n pin 14” w WarComp so I maintain a mid length gas system and ball mill the barrel. Probably add a leupold mk6 1-6 for glass, dunno though. Your lw pencil barrel idea would be an awesome jack of all trades rifle. I have a feeling that my 14” Ball milled version may still be heavier than I want .
    Nice....sounds expensive, but awesome. Maybe we can get a Pitts group buy

I really want a MARS lower bad, but got a deal on a complete IWS lower recently I couldn't refuse. Look forward to seeing yours brother!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Nice....sounds expensive, but awesome. Maybe we can get a Pitts group buy

I really want a MARS lower bad, but got a deal on a complete IWS lower recently I couldn't refuse. Look forward to seeing yours brother!

Lol, I wish group rates applied. Marvin's not horrible with pricing, but he does it right. He did two barrels for my MWS and they turned out better than I expected. His demand is high and he takes forever to get you an initial quote. Sent a request to him two weeks ago to do work on my son's new MR556 and still nothing back. I think it took a month for him to get back to me on my MWS. Yeah the total build will be expensive, especially if I buy decent glass....I'll buy the lower in barrel first and it will probably sit in the safe until I have the gumption and funds to finish it. I'd still like to get a MARS stripped or Pistol-ed lower for my pistol build, which will be a whole other project and I would really like a MARS heavy lower and a MLOK MWS upper for my other MWS Barrel and bolt. Seems like I always have a new, ever changing, project list. Your build sounds very similar. If you get that pencil barrel I'd be curious to see how much it shaves off of the weight. I would imagine the shift in a favorable balance will be very noticeable. Keep me posted.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Lol, I wish group rates applied. Marvin's not horrible with pricing, but he does it right. He did two barrels for my MWS and they turned out better than I expected. His demand is high and he takes forever to get you an initial quote. Sent a request to him two weeks ago to do work on my son's new MR556 and still nothing back. I think it took a month for him to get back to me on my MWS. Yeah the total build will be expensive, especially if I buy decent glass....I'll buy the lower in barrel first and it will probably sit in the safe until I have the gumption and funds to finish it. I'd still like to get a MARS stripped or Pistol-ed lower for my pistol build, which will be a whole other project and I would really like a MARS heavy lower and a MLOK MWS upper for my other MWS Barrel and bolt. Seems like I always have a new, ever changing, project list. Your build sounds very similar. If you get that pencil barrel I'd be curious to see how much it shaves off of the weight. I would imagine the shift in a favorable balance will be very noticeable. Keep me posted.
    We seem to share the same AR brain Like you I do big builds over time, and use some of the pieces in the interim until I get everything needed to build the new project. I too would love a MARS heavy lower being a lefty. I just wish I shot my MWS more these days, as I just don't break it out unless I have some real distance to play with.

The thing that has always kept me from getting something from Marvin is the wait times. I've never seen a single report of a non satisfied buyer of his services....so I guess when you have that type of rep, you can go as slow as needed to maintain the level of quality. I think I might ask ADCO if they can convert barrels over to the MRP.

The glass is always the most painful part of the nice builds. Even a new T-1 these days is $700+. Been looking at rail scales today...wow, are they expensive for the G10 stuff. I really like their wider panels though that have the cutout for their handstop. Super sleek design it seems.

I'll keep you updated on the barrel decision. I think your dead on with regards to how dramatic of impact a pencil barrel will make on the already 5.5oz lighter MLR chassis. My project list is always several deep, and ADD as hell. A NZDF SAS railed stretch MRP clone is really high on my list as well...the specs are tough on it though.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-25-18 at 16:00.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Wish they had that 5.56 mrp barrel for $250 like they did on Black Friday

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    We seem to share the same AR brain
    Been looking at rail scales today...wow, are they expensive for the G10 stuff. I really like their wider panels though that have the cutout for their handstop. Super sleek design it seems.
    So hadn't pondered this until recently...I guess I'm behind the times. I always wanted a keymod or mlok platform in a LMT or Knights...Well now that I have one I truly don't know what all the cool kids are using for rail panels. My personal railed rifles all have old school stippled KAC panels because I like the extra grip.. And quite honestly the look. I guess to be perfectly honest I actually like the look overall of the railed mrp's better then the slick ones. Don't get me wrong I think the MLOKs are a league of their own in aesthetics. When you say G10 panels whom are you referring to? I don't mind the ones by strike industries... The magpul ones are butt ugly.

Update. I ordered a MARS-L last week. Had intended on ordering glass but I'm very indecisive in a growing market, so i'll wait and ordered a 308 MWS MLOK upper for my spare parts. I'll order the MARS-H at the end of the month if all goes well...

Now I need two niche optics.

Cheers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast