Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG Optics

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SIG Optics

Curious what the consensus is on SIG’s line of optics? Do you think their Red Dots are worth the money?

I don’t have any experience with them, so looking for informed opinions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damnit, sorry mods put this in the wrong forum.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I bought a Romeo 5 on Black Friday from Brownells for $100.

The sight is nice for a budget red dot, obviously a Chinese OEM with influence from the Leupold crew SIG hired away when they started their optics division, ala the MOTAC function where the dot turns off / on after being stationary then moving, just like a lot of Leupold optics. But it's very similar to Primary Arms / Holosun Red dots and I think made by the same manufacturer in China.

The mount is kind of 'meh', so I found a used ADM to put it on my training rifle. Left it on and it's always been on when I pick it up. Haven't gotten to the range due to work, weather, and the seasons but I intend to work it hard.

Note I would only buy this from Brownells because if SIG's warranty doesn't come through, it has Brownells 'forever' warranty. And no way I would buy it for more than $100-120.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My agency is now allowing RDS mounted pistols for duty use. As such, many officers are buying the P320RX with the mounted Romeo. Watching the Sage Dynamics test of it, and reading the many online reviews, it seems to be garbage. I try to steer people towards the RMR, but cops will generally go for the cheaper option over quality. We have, I believe, three to five P320RX's now in the process of being fielded...time will tell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve had the Romeo 5 on my sons 10/22 for over a year. It gets used a lot and works fine. I think for the price and battery life it’s hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also just got the tango 4 6-24x50 and shot it today for the first time to zero. Really nice features for the price. The zero stop is great and the glass is pretty good. Eye box is really tight at 24. Seems to perform best between 12-18x (glass clarity, reticle view etc). Mag adjustment is very smooth and easy compared to my vortex strike eagle and razor 1-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have all the Aimpoints available and I love the Sigs Romeo for the money. Super impressed. I have written about it many times. If you cant afford an Aimpoint, these are great. Aimpoint rules at 5X cost. And I have several Aimpoints

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Romeo 5s and they are worth the money. Pretty tough and lightweight.

Just picked up a Juliet 4 yesterday. Have it mounted and centeredup, but haven't gotten a chance to shoot with it yet. Nice clear image.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have not had the chance to use the Sig Red Dots for more than a few rounds when passing around some guns at the range with buddies. They were dots, the dots were red, and I hit what I shot at. No drama.

When I was shopping around for a mid power variable optic, Sig came up in my searches. The Tang4 and Tango6 lines were both reviewed well by Sniper's Hide. While driving through the middle of the country, I stopped off at Brownells. They have a little scope den with wooden stocks mounting scopes of various makes and models, including some Sig stuff. They had a Tango4 4-16 out, and I was pretty impressed with the features on it. Great turrets, zero stop, clear glass, good illumination, awesome reticles. For the money, the Sig optics were really, really nice.

In terms of optics under the $2k+ bomb-proof military style stuff, Sig's Tango 4 line, Steiner's P4Xi line, and Vortex's HST / PST lines offer some really nice options at a range of good price points.

Feedback Score
    I looked through a 1-4 or 1-6 tango in the store and the glass was garbage. That soured me on their optics.

For reference, i currently use a vxr patrol 1-4 so thats my baseline.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-12-19 at 20:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast