Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIG Optics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Curious what the consensus is on SIG’s line of optics? Do you think their Red Dots are worth the money?

I don’t have any experience with them, so looking for informed opinions.
    A guy I used to shoot 3gun with was sponsored by them so he loved them and have some bought the Romeo5 aimpoint T1 size they like them for the price. They got them for like $105 which is a good deal. I checked out their rmr competitor and it had noticeable magnification. Their 1-4 ffp is not a scope I would recommend. Ffp is not needed on a 1-4 and the reticle is tiny and not daylight bright. My buddy sold his Eotech xps2 to get the 1-4 and he regretted it.

Feedback Score
    I’ve become very keen on the Sig Sauer Tango4 and Tango6 family of rifle scopes.
    These are variable power, first focal plane, BDC capable scopes with MOA and MRAD reticles, 30mm tubes and big objectives.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sig Romeo 5 red dots are good for the price point, and no complaints from the ones I have installed for shooting buddies.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anybody have experience with what appears to be a newer gen Tango 4 1-4x? It looks like they now have capped turrets...

How would these compare to a PST Gen 2 1-6?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
    Anybody have experience with what appears to be a newer gen Tango 4 1-4x? It looks like they now have capped turrets...

How would these compare to a PST Gen 2 1-6?
    Crickets is about all you are going to get when it comes to SIG Scopes.

I just don't think most people are willing to shell out $500+ for a scope from a company that could stop making them pretty much anytime they up and decide to, or discontinue them with zero notice.

Biggest negative with the previous version was crappy illumination making the FFP reticle useless at 1x.... so why have a 1-4x scope then?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Crickets is about all you are going to get when it comes to SIG Scopes.

I just don't think most people are willing to shell out $500+ for a scope from a company that could stop making them pretty much anytime they up and decide to, or discontinue them with zero notice.

Biggest negative with the previous version was crappy illumination making the FFP reticle useless at 1x.... so why have a 1-4x scope then?
    That makes sense to me. Staying away

Thought I’d ask since I’d recently dumped a P4Xi; didn’t like the bdc and I’m looking at all options with mil subtensions
    Last edited by JC0352; 11-26-19 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTemplars View Post
    I have 2 Romeo 5s and they are worth the money. Pretty tough and lightweight.

Just picked up a Juliet 4 yesterday. Have it mounted and centeredup, but haven't gotten a chance to shoot with it yet. Nice clear image.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I just picked up the Juliet 4 also. I've never owned a Sig optic before, but I'm very impressed at the glass clarity so far. It's on par with my Eotech G33. I like the 4x magnification of my Eotech EXPS2-0, once I got the diopter dialed in the Eotech reticle is clearer than I've ever seen. Haven't got a chance to take it to the range yet but looking forward to trying it out. The magnifier seems very solid and the STS mount seems very robust. So far, no cons I can find.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can comment on Sig's Romeo 4T red dot sight. After buying several MROs for my ARs that I intend to use with RD sights, I decided to try the Romeo 4T. I was able to buy a couple at a significant discount to the usual $549/569 price that you generally see for them at the popular online optics retailors. I really like them. The 4Ts are built like tanks--very heavy duty construction. I use Geissele mounts with my MROs, and the Sig mounts are easily the equal of the Geissele. The glass is clear and you have a choice of 4 different recticles, including that is similar to the EoTech "circle of death." What I like best is that the 4T has a solar panel in addition to a battery (2032) and automatically uses the solar panel when there is sufficient light. The result is Sig claims a battery life of 100,000 hours!! I'm not abandoning my MROs, as I truly love them. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 4T if I can find one on sale. One other thing, the box that the 4T comes in says it was "designed in Oregon" and "assembled in California".

Feedback Score
    I have two Romeo 4As. They are good red dot sights. Neither has lost zero. One has about 2000 rounds of .233 on a 10.5 the other has about 6000 rounds on a 14.5. The one with 6000 rounds has an SLR Rifleworks mount which appears much more sturdy. The batteries last a little more than a year, always on, using MOTAC. I replace the batteries in September each year.

Feedback Score
    I can't comment on their scopes since I don't own any, although the Tango 6 was awarded a SOCOM contract. I am using a couple of their Romeo 4 red dot sights without issue for the last 2-3 years. I got good deals on them. Due to a change in my vision, I wasn't loving the EoTech's any more plus I was looking for something light weight. I'm happy with them. Very daylight bright red dot that isn't fuzzy. You can also change the reticle if you wish. Glass is as clear as my M3 Aimpoint. And it has Motac, so I haven't had to change the batteries yet. How durable it is might be the only question. But for a range optic it's worked well for me. I would love to have one of the light weight Aimpoints but at 4 times the price it would be hard to justify for multiple uppers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12