Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McCormick,Pro Mag & Mec-gar

Feedback Score
    I have had good function with Mcormick and Mec Gar. You may also want to try Metalform, I have had good results with them in .45 and 10mm.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    McCormick PowerMags in .45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    McCormick PowerMags in .45 ACP.
    +1. That’s what I carried on duty for years without a problem. MidwayUSA has them on sale frequently. I like the metal follower but I had to get the Wilson’s (w/ plastic followers) for my alloy frame Commander and Officer’s model (to avoid gouging the frame internally under the barrel).

Feedback Score
    Thirdwatcher,Can you describe the gouging you are talking about.Thats the first time Ive heard that.I have a Ruger LW Commander and use Wilson mags.Can you educate me on that.Thanks

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This^

ProMags are good as targets
    I've had a couple that I use as range mags.

To practice malfunction drills with...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alcante262 View Post
    Thirdwatcher,Can you describe the gouging you are talking about.Thats the first time Ive heard that.I have a Ruger LW Commander and use Wilson mags.Can you educate me on that.Thanks
    Non issue with your Ruger LW as far as I know. Ruger inserts a titanium feed ramp on the LW. The frame gouging was a problem on older alloy guns, but to my understanding with modern metallurgy it has become less of an issue.

Another thumbs up for Powermags. I have a bunch.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It was common to chew up the frames feed ramp with JHP's on the early alloy frame guns.
    The answer was a steel frame insert or the "new" ramped barrels. Both options required milling the aluminum frame.

Feedback Score
    For me, the plastic follower was “an ounce of prevention”. I only have two alloy frame Colt’s, both are relatively new, and it might be a non-issue but I didn’t want to find out the hard way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12