Thread: Tired Glock 17 Police Trade in, Trigger Refresh

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Tired Glock 17 Police Trade in, Trigger Refresh

Bought a really cheap, tired, single pin Glock 17 awhile back. The gun is in good shape but has seen a lot of miles. The trigger was atrocious, mushy, creepy, poor reset....Gun shot ok despite the trigger.

This is a back up to a back up, user gun. I really didn't want to spend a ton of money to freshen it up. I remembered something we talked about in Armorers school this spring...Glock minus connector and a NY 1 trigger spring.

Wow! Heck of an improvement. Hard reset, no mush or creep....maybe a little heavier than I like, need to put a gauge on it but for a couple bucks, pretty pleased....

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    if the internals are black in color (meaning not plated or coated), maybe a call to Glock with your serial number to see if they will send you upgrade parts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    if the internals are black in color (meaning not plated or coated), maybe a call to Glock with your serial number to see if they will send you upgrade parts.
    Gun has had some upgrades. The trigger bar is newer, the extractor is newer but not an LCI type, striker is gray......It all works well- no brass to the face!

My main complaint was that the trigger was so bad. The connector was one of the originals and it was rough all over, the back side of it-which really doesnt matter, was badly peened somehow-someone had been mucking with. It. I suspect a "trigger job" gone wrong.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's exactly what I run most days-a "tired" 2nd gen G17, built way back in Feb. 1990. It's obvious it's had untold thousands of rnds through it, and I've put close to 3,000 through myself.

Shoots true, utterly reliable.

I also run my pistols in the NY1/"-" connector configuration, have for the last 4 or 5 years. Love that setup.

Red fiber optic front sight and stipled frontstrap are the only upgrades.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    That's exactly what I run most days-a "tired" 2nd gen G17, built way back in Feb. 1990. It's obvious it's had untold thousands of rnds through it, and I've put close to 3,000 through myself.

Shoots true, utterly reliable.

I also run my pistols in the NY1/"-" connector configuration, have for the last 4 or 5 years. Love that setup.

Red fiber optic front sight and stipled frontstrap are the only upgrades.
    That's funny, mine is an early Gen III, single pin gun. When I bought it it had been painted green for some reason, acetone cured that, mostly.......It has a set of what I think are Ameriglow fiber optic sights on it- red front, green rear. It probably needs some stippling as for some reason it is really slick, carried a lot I suppose. For $300 with three mags I wasn't going to gripe....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I'd say you got a heck of a deal.

"Used" Glock simply equals broken-in Glock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow.... So, I had some extra time today and I pulled out my Rcbs trigger pull gauge......SIX POUNDS...I need to go shoot it. I would never have believed it was that heavy.