Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x 10+1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    We all joke about it but anyone that is truly confused doesn't need to buy a firearm based on their obvious lack of firearms knowledge.
    Exactly. Thanks for that. I used to think I wanted to work at a gun store when I retired, but reading some of the stupid things gun store employees have to deal with changed my mind.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Exactly. Thanks for that. I used to think I wanted to work at a gun store when I retired, but reading some of the stupid things gun store employees have to deal with changed my mind.
    Back in my former life I use to sell firearms for a big box outdoors retailer. The only thing worse than gun store employees are gun store customers.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I think part of this is a effort by Glock to get more out of states that have or are trying to get more magazine restrictions. My own state of Washington is trying hard to go full retard. If they did and I really wanted another Glock I would probably buy the G48 over a G19. Why have a bigger grip when I can get a slimmer smaller one? Some of the biggest populations are in restricted states.

I’m hoping they come out with a G48 sized 45acp though. I like 45’s but I don’t have huge hands and don’t really want a 1911.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I think part of this is a effort by Glock to get more out of states that have or are trying to get more magazine restrictions. My own state of Washington is trying hard to go full retard. If they did and I really wanted another Glock I would probably buy the G48 over a G19. Why have a bigger grip when I can get a slimmer smaller one? Some of the biggest populations are in restricted states.

I’m hoping they come out with a G48 sized 45acp though. I like 45’s but I don’t have huge hands and don’t really want a 1911.
    The G26 addressed this back in the day.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-ma...mer-black.html
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score

I guess but not everyone wants a small double stack short griped gun.

Feedback Score

Sure, it's great, except for the snub nose and the two finger grip and being wide as a brick.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    No shit.

Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light . . .
    No shit.

Feedback Score
    To me the G43x and the G48 makes perfect sense for "Retarded" (oops, I meant) "Restricted" states. Why carry a thick pistol when you can have a sleek frame pistol with your state's legal round limit. With the slim size they will lay against the body better and print less.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The G43 is the gun that is easy to carry but I wouldn’t want to get in a fight with. Think about the type of scenerio you might find yourself in that would require you to use deadly force. Then think how you would use whatever tool you’ve chosen to stop that threat. As a civilian there is a high likelihood it will be a bad breath distance oncoming assault type situation. If you are on the ground, one arm pinned or compromised in any way while someone is actively trying to take your life, would you still want the slimmest most comfortable/convenient to carry pistol to fight with? I can tell you from experience that you will want the biggest baddest hand of god to come down and obliterate that threat. I know veterans with extensive injuries that are in constant pain but carry G19/17 sized pistols on a daily basis. Choosing to carry is a highly personal decision but I think most civilians or those with little to no experience are unrealistic in their expectations. Taking a pistol class from a reputable instructor is priceless for these people. My wife had the mindset that her little micro .380 was fine until she went through some training, now she never leaves the house without her G26.
    Last edited by dirkmagurk; 01-19-19 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    The G43 is the gun that is easy to carry but I wouldn’t want to get in a fight with. Think about the type of scenerio you might find yourself in that would require you to use deadly force. Then think how you would use whatever tool you’ve chosen to stop that threat. As a civilian there is a high likelihood it will be a bad breath distance oncoming assault type situation. If you are on the ground, one arm pinned or compromised in any way while someone is actively trying to take your life, would you still want the slimmest most comfortable/convenient to carry
    Interesting and I agree with wanting the most gun if you need it. But for what you're describing above I think the 43 is perfect. The reason I frequently carry a 19 is because of the possibility of more distance, more bad guys, or a gunfight vs. a quick, up close shooting incident.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast