Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x 10+1

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I’m spitballing here, but I do believe the 43X & 48’s target market is the female shooter & concealed carrier. Someone at Glock probably identified that color slide would be more appealing to the potential female buyer. I’m guessing men interested in buying it might complain a little about it but would still buy it.
    Maybe but when I was but a wee young pistolero anyone serious about the craft and IPSC had a two toned 1911 with hard chrome finish so they could practice their draws and not wear the blue off. Then it was S.S. once they worked the galling out. I don't care for the finish but it's covered when carrying so not a big deal. And as I always carry spare magazines a single stack that's thin interests me. I'm in the camp of carries much more than shoots when it comes to CCW so 10 with a spare or two carries easier than a 19 with a spare. For several years there was a .22 pistol in my house and four Glock 19's so I'm a true fan of the 19 but it's not perfect for everything.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I’m spitballing here, but I do believe the 43X & 48’s target market is the female shooter & concealed carrier. Someone at Glock probably identified that color slide would be more appealing to the potential female buyer. I’m guessing men interested in buying it might complain a little about it but would still buy it.
    The 48 was created specifically for the Canadian market.

I'm reading a lot of bitching on forums about WTF was Glock thinking with the 48... well Glock was thinking about the biggest Glock market after the US.
    Last edited by Artiz; 01-03-19 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I had a Glock 31 and am glad I dont anymore. I stopped chasing that dragon. Get a real .357 instead.

My thots on G48 have gone from severe anger and disgust that it isnt a .45 to "Hey I sorta want..." I know this gun is meant for girls but part of me just wants a single stack 9 that isnt a 1911 or a 639.

If they made a .22 kit for this...holee hell...
    Old 220?

Feedback Score
    I believe the new slim Glock will really be popular; I know fellow Glock 19 owners (Glock believers) that will like new 43 X for concealed carry - especially appendix carry. And for ladies - especially basketball players - a slam dunk.
    Again, after seeing photos, I am really impressed with the Milt Sparks holsters for new Glock; I have one for my Colt WC Government. Top quality workmanship and outstanding customer service.

Feedback Score
    My guess, the silver slide is an easy way to make it look different and new. At a gun show, you squint at the 20 glocks spread out on a table and they all look the same pretty much, some different sizes, sometimes a colored frame, but lots of black steel and plastic. And they have looked the same for 30 or more years. Nothing wrong with that, but to move product and the competition innovating...
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Pi3 has it figured out. For all their many merits, Glocks are fugly. In basic black, they're extra fugly.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It makes me bitter to see a Single stack 9mm when it would be sooooooooo easy for Glock to have made a 5" profile .45 single stack plus opportunity to name it a G45.

I'm sure it'll make a good chick/kid/hobbit pistol but I just want my Glock "1911".
    I said that in the G45 Thread, not because I want a .45, but just because of the endless confusion that willl result.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I said that in the G45 Thread, not because I want a .45, but just because of the endless confusion that willl result.
    I'm probably alone in this but honestly I don't understand why there would be confusion. All they're numbers are model numbers and not calibers. G19 isn't 19 caliber so a G45 isn't a 45 caliber

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    We all joke about it but anyone that is truly confused doesn't need to buy a firearm based on their obvious lack of firearms knowledge.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Sorry, I ain't jeans pocket carrying a gun.
    No shit.

Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast