Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x 10+1

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, somehow Glock seems to have their $hit wired tight when it comes to making handguns.

Sure, there are haters and of course not every gun works for every person.

But as a whole them seem to be good at slinging polymer framed handguns around the globe.

Interested to see if they have something new and it will see if it's something I want.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have a buddy who EDCs a G26, because he hasn't been happy with the capacity of the G43. He's interested in looking at the 43x because it nullifies the capacity gap between the 43 and 26.

I think the 19x will be remembered as a watershed for Glock: The moment they stopped ignoring their civilian American customers. I anticipate that the 43x will sell very well and I'm eager to see what other pistols Glock might turn out, now that they're paying attention to people who aren't buying a few thousand of them at a time.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I'll be curious what form the 43x takes. The problem for Glock is the poly magazines; good as they may be, they add thickness compared to an all steel mag.
    Glock has dropped the ball for years by not making +1 or +2 OEM mags for the 42 and 43.
    The P365 is a great combination of size and capacity and trigger. Let's see what Glock comes up with.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    So, it's a "Glocked" Shield? I have the G43, and sometimes wish I'd gotten the Shield.
    +2 on getting a Shield. PSA is running the Gen 1s at $249 right now. Throw a TTI base on the mag and you get 11 rounds ready to go. Add some Talon grips and use all the money you save on ammo.

I bought my wife one and it's trigger is drastically better than mine which was one of the first ones without the safety. I had it 'smithed to just over 4lbs, but hers was GTG out of the box. Several hundred rounds later and a bunch of snaps with a Coolfire trainer it's just about equal to mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I'll be curious what form the 43x takes. The problem for Glock is the poly magazines; good as they may be, they add thickness compared to an all steel mag.
    Glock has dropped the ball for years by not making +1 or +2 OEM mags for the 42 and 43.
    The P365 is a great combination of size and capacity and trigger. Let's see what Glock comes up with.
    Moon
    Very true, they could even make a mag that sticks out like using a G17 mag in a G26. Hell of a reload.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I think the 19x will be remembered as a watershed for Glock: The moment they stopped ignoring their civilian American customers. I anticipate that the 43x will sell very well and I'm eager to see what other pistols Glock might turn out, now that they're paying attention to people who aren't buying a few thousand of them at a time.
    I recall lots of people bemoaning Glock's decision to release the 19x, vs a "19L" (17 slide and 19 grip). Clearly turned out great, and when the G45 MOS comes around I'll be interested.

I also remember folks wishing for a slim G19 sized gun. Maybe the 43x is a step in that direction.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I really wish they'd just hurry up with a 12rdish semi-double stack "slim G19".

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Get the Shield then

Been carrying the Shield since it came out.

The Geelock is a little late. Glock fans have been asking for a mid size single stack 9mm for a long time. So what did they do? they spit out the 42, then the 43. While Springfield were making the little XD and Smith were selling the Shield like hot cakes. Finally after seeing the Sig 365 becoming a success, Gaston caved in. Where were you 10 years ago Gaston? too busy with your new young woman?

I'm sure it will sell if the rumor is true and good luck to them. Glad their fans finally got what they've been demanding. Geelock lost me a long time ago. No, it wasn't Ernest Langdon that turned me.

I'm going back ... way back ... back before all of these there was the 3913. Yeah, it's heavier and it's only 8+1, but yes it's heavier and that means less recoil, faster follow up shot. A deliberate first shot DA is good and short/light SA after.

I wish I still had my 3953. It was one sweet pistola. Awesome trigger, too.

Glock will sell several metric crap-tons of the their new pistol, regardless of what it is. Simply because it's a Glock, honestly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    Lots of people said the 19x sounded silly but it and the 45 have worked out. I think we should wait and see what they came up with.
    Agree. I have the 45, and I love it.

When the Glock 43 first came out, I thought, sounds stupid I will not buy one. Well, while in a my local GS, I bought one, and I love it. I am now hoping they will release the 45 version in 10 MM and 45 ACP as well. The Glock 45 just works for me. I plan on getting another Glock 45, when I sell my Gen 4 17.

It might also be interesting as others have posted to see Glock do a reverse 45, where the lower is smaller in the style of a revamped 19, with the upper bigger in the style of a revamped 17.

As mentioned, I really like Glocks, and I have liked Glocks since they first came out in the old tupperware type containers. So, bring on the 43X, I am ready to see what Glock comes up with. I do think that Glock needs to seriously up their game to be able to compete with and hopefully better the game changing Sig P365, because if they can do that, Glock will have winner in this arena. I think most of us are hoping for Glock reliability out of the box, weight and size very close or equal to the P365, better trigger, better sights, and at least a stock magazine of 10 rounds, with the option of a 12 round magazine available for purchase as well.

If Glock can produce that, I will certainly buy one in two or three years, when they are finally available. In the meantime, I may just have to buy a Sig P365, now that they are readily available.
    Last edited by akwalk; 12-22-18 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    For the last 20+ years I know many gents who have lamented the fact that Glock hadn’t produced a single stack, concealed carry pistol in a G19 size dimension. Now may be the first and I’ll bite.
    Last edited by SFree; 12-23-18 at 01:02.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast