Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x 10+1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Sounds like they only made it for a contract requirement, otherwise I don't see them expending the resources nor do I see an advantage over a stock Glock barrel system.
    Yeah, there's a puzzlement. Why would a contract stipulate that a mfg engineer something entirely different? Concur entirely; Browning's system works...why mess with it?
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Yeah, there's a puzzlement. Why would a contract stipulate that a mfg engineer something entirely different? Concur entirely; Browning's system works...why mess with it?
    Moon
    The Glock 46 with the Rotary locked barrel was developed for German police. They use a 94gr “green” copper solid that leaves the barrel at 1400 FPS. It is brutal on guns and Glock redesigned their locking system to meet endurance testing requirements with those rounds. Most handguns struggle to meet the criteria and only a handful of pistols have passed the testing to date. The browning system is well tested but it only locks on the top. A rotating barrel locks at opposing sides and can be made stronger because of it.

Feedback Score
    Glock 43x 10+1

Not only does this make MORE sense, this is how the 43 should have been introduced in the first place!!!

Feedback Score
    Thnx, ski. Good explanation. We'll see how it works out, perhaps.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Glock has also applied for US patents on the system, which increases the probability for a US release, but you never know.
    Last edited by drtywk; 12-25-18 at 16:25.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally am not a fan of the 43, I have one but it only serves as a loner for those wanting to try one out and never gets carried. After running it through some defensive drills I came to realize that for me it is less than ideal for fighting. I shoot the G26 far better in less than optimal real life type scenarios and it has a capacity advantage being able to utilize every Glock 9mm magazine. I get the whole better to have a gun argument and it is no doubt comfortable to carry. For me it would take a great deal of practice to become as proficient with it as I am with my 26/19 and is not worth the training time or the ammo handicap for the slight advantage in comfort.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I personally am not a fan of the 43, I have one but it only serves as a loner for those wanting to try one out and never gets carried. After running it through some defensive drills I came to realize that for me it is less than ideal for fighting. I shoot the G26 far better in less than optimal real life type scenarios and it has a capacity advantage being able to utilize every Glock 9mm magazine. I get the whole better to have a gun argument and it is no doubt comfortable to carry. For me it would take a great deal of practice to become as proficient with it as I am with my 26/19 and is not worth the training time or the ammo handicap for the slight advantage in comfort.
    I understand what you are saying. Mine was purchased for when I genuinely can't carry a double stack. In that role, it's quite sufficient.

Feedback Score
    These days I only carry my 43 for ultra concealment circumstances. Otherwise I’ve got the 19gen5 mos on me. A 43x might be a good competitor for the p365 but I’d have no use for it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    G43X in the background

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The Glock 46 with the Rotary locked barrel was developed for German police. They use a 94gr “green” copper solid that leaves the barrel at 1400 FPS. It is brutal on guns and Glock redesigned their locking system to meet endurance testing requirements with those rounds. Most handguns struggle to meet the criteria and only a handful of pistols have passed the testing to date. The browning system is well tested but it only locks on the top. A rotating barrel locks at opposing sides and can be made stronger because of it.
    WHich ones have passed the test?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast