Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DHS Says be Ready for 6 MONTHS with No Power, Medical, Fuel, Cash, Food, Water ETC...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DHS Says be Ready for 6 MONTHS with No Power, Medical, Fuel, Cash, Food, Water ETC...

Report from DHS talking about how our electrical grid is a target for frequent hacking and leaves large parts of the nation vulnerable to extended outages and resultant issues in the flow of goods and services.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...08%20FINAL.pdf

From the Executive Summary portion:

After interviews with dozens of senior leaders and
    experts and an extensive review of studies and statutes,
    we found that existing national plans, response
    resources, and coordination strategies would be
    outmatched by a catastrophic power outage. This
    profound risk requires a new national focus. Significant
    public and private action is needed to prepare for and
    recover from a catastrophic outage that could leave the
    large parts of the nation without power for weeks or
    months, and cause service failures in other sectors—
    including water and wastewater, communications,
    transportation, healthcare, and financial services—that
    are critical to public health and safety and our national
    and economic security.

I hope to God people actually take notice....
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-21-18 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Winter would certainly be a very bad time to lose electricity for an extended period of time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    People would go NUTS if they were unable to drool on their cell phones for one day... let alone weeks/months.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    People would go NUTS if they were unable to drool on their cell phones for one day... let alone weeks/months.

Biggest issue would be that people use their phones as their source of all information. Seriously, they call with it- keep every piece of Contact Information they have in it- passwords for websites, friends/family numbers and Email... they look at the weather, surf internet, listen to radio, some even have police scanner apps etc......without that they would be "blind"...and scared, and pissed off.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Cell phones would be the least of peoples problems....a growing pain that would be swiftly subsided by real pain....

Don't be so blind, if in the highly improbable event that the grid were to go down, that it isn't sourced domestically. There have been murmurs within of a false flag going back to arguable the most credible utterance in 2016 of this...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Cell phones would be the least of peoples problems....a growing pain that would be swiftly subsided by real pain....

Don't be so blind, if in the highly improbable event that the grid were to go down, that it isn't sourced domestically. There have been murmurs within of a false flag going back to arguable the most credible utterance in 2016 of this...

Doesn't really matter WHO takes it down in terms of the effect- which is what the report is about- what people need to expect if it DOES go down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Winter of 2014 our area lost power and wasn't completely restored for close to a month. I was without power for two weeks. My work was without power for about 2.5 weeks. This is a big metro area. Close to a million people in a small area. In the month without power nothing happened. No one was killed, no looting, no robing, stores didn't sell out of everything overnight. What you saw was bored people going to malls, stores and generally hanging out in indoor places with power. Bars were packed from morning to night and majority of people were in happy spirits talking about the weather and their unplanned "vacations". Everyone just went about their life as best as they could while a pretty positive outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Biggest issue would be that people use their phones as their source of all information. Seriously, they call with it- keep every piece of Contact Information they have in it- passwords for websites, friends/family numbers and Email... they look at the weather, surf internet, listen to radio, some even have police scanner apps etc......without that they would be "blind"...and scared, and pissed off.
    Car charger! That's what I did when we lost power for two weeks. Also malls and stores with generators.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Winter of 2014 our area lost power and wasn't completely restored for close to a month. I was without power for two weeks. My work was without power for about 2.5 weeks. This is a big metro area. Close to a million people in a small area. In the month without power nothing happened. No one was killed, no looting, no robing, stores didn't sell out of everything overnight. What you saw was bored people going to malls, stores and generally hanging out in indoor places with power. Bars were packed from morning to night and majority of people were in happy spirits talking about the weather and their unplanned "vacations". Everyone just went about their life as best as they could while a pretty positive outlook

Car charger! That's what I did when we lost power for two weeks. Also malls and stores with generators.
    So people just went to where there was power..... right?

What would they have done if that was not an option?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More range time.

Feedback Score
    Fuses cost a few dollars, take a couple minutes to replace, and are kept in stock at store rooms by the hundreds if not thousands.

People would be better off worrying about their personal health than any 6 month grid failure.

ETA: If I’m wrong, when the lights come back on, I’ll admit it. Lol

https://youtu.be/R5lQdJR4y1g

I know this warrants the government taking control of the entire nations power grid.

There have been multiple attacks on the grid. Costly but quickly repaired.

Here you go. https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re...0M729K20140310

This is the best part of the article:
    But in Washington, politicians must be seen to do something. So FERC has ordered NERC to produce yet another set of paperwork.

In its order, FERC acknowledged "the number of facilities identified as critical will be relatively small". Many substations will not be deemed critical.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast