Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found my new "Go To" for FFL transfers and NFA engraving in NOVA

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Found my new "Go To" for FFL transfers and NFA engraving in NOVA

I was buying a bunch of receivers/firearms over Black Friday/Cyber Monday and needed an FFL in NoVA. I discovered Highflyer Arms in Warrenton VA and was astonished that they charge flate rate of only $25 + $2 (background fee) PER FORM. So you can get as many transfers that fit on the form (I believe 5) for the flate rate of $27. This is certainly an anomaly in this area as most brick and mortar FFL's charge $30 per gun.

Anyway, after using them for a bunch of transfers I found out they do laser engraving on site. It is $45 for NFA engraving anywhere you want. I don't know anything about engravers but the system was really nice and projected a laser/holographic image of the engraving prior to beginning so you could tweak placement and font/size. I opted for the trigger guard and am very pleased with the end result.

David and his staff are very polite and most important not the typical "gun counter" folks you deal with. The pricing for in store items/firearms is fair and they also sell/handle NFA stuff and have a Silencershop Kiosk on site. The NFA transfer cost was $85/item. They are now my go-to FFL for both regular and NFA items and I don't see myself using any other place. So if you need any engraving work or want a cheap FFL that doesn't require awkwardly sitting on a stained futon in some dudes basement, check them out.

https://www.highflyerarms.com/contact-us/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm in the area for about a month so that's good to know. You know anything about their gunsmith? I'm trying to find someone in the area to rebuild my upper ideally with a very short turn around.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    They offer "armorer" services but I can't comment one way or the other.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm in the area for about a month so that's good to know. You know anything about their gunsmith? I'm trying to find someone in the area to rebuild my upper ideally with a very short turn around.
    What all do you need done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    What all do you need done?

I have a Geissele URGI that I want to pull the MK16 from and throw that in with a bunch of BCM parts for a new upper. Unfortunately I have the pinned URGI so removing that SF4P is the first step.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Robb Jensen ended up at Elite Shooting Sports if that helps you.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a Geissele URGI that I want to pull the MK16 from and throw that in with a bunch of BCM parts for a new upper. Unfortunately I have the pinned URGI so removing that SF4P is the first step.

Might be cheaper/faster to just buy a new barrel nut from Geissele. You can install new nut/rail for BCM build and you don’t have to pull apart the factory built URGI.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Robb Jensen ended up at Elite Shooting Sports if that helps you.
    This. Robb did excellent work on a Colt upper with a DD rail for me. Other folks here can personally vouch for his work as well.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Robb at Elite or 1/2 mile down the road is Jim Carollo's new shop C&R Firearms (full gunsmithing with a machine shop in the back along with another armorer on staff). He does anything from pin and welds to full custom 1911s. He is also the only guy around that will do custom work on AKs. They also do cerakote.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Robb at Elite or 1/2 mile down the road is Jim Carollo's new shop C&R Firearms (full gunsmithing with a machine shop in the back along with another armorer on staff). He does anything from pin and welds to full custom 1911s. He is also the only guy around that will do custom work on AKs. They also do cerakote.
    C&R wanted $165 for a standard pin and weld...won’t step foot there in again.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-22-18 at 17:10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast