I was buying a bunch of receivers/firearms over Black Friday/Cyber Monday and needed an FFL in NoVA. I discovered Highflyer Arms in Warrenton VA and was astonished that they charge flate rate of only $25 + $2 (background fee) PER FORM. So you can get as many transfers that fit on the form (I believe 5) for the flate rate of $27. This is certainly an anomaly in this area as most brick and mortar FFL's charge $30 per gun.

Anyway, after using them for a bunch of transfers I found out they do laser engraving on site. It is $45 for NFA engraving anywhere you want. I don't know anything about engravers but the system was really nice and projected a laser/holographic image of the engraving prior to beginning so you could tweak placement and font/size. I opted for the trigger guard and am very pleased with the end result.

David and his staff are very polite and most important not the typical "gun counter" folks you deal with. The pricing for in store items/firearms is fair and they also sell/handle NFA stuff and have a Silencershop Kiosk on site. The NFA transfer cost was $85/item. They are now my go-to FFL for both regular and NFA items and I don't see myself using any other place. So if you need any engraving work or want a cheap FFL that doesn't require awkwardly sitting on a stained futon in some dudes basement, check them out.

https://www.highflyerarms.com/contact-us/