Thread: Vickers 1911 mags

Feedback Score

Vickers 1911 mags

Are they 8+1? I have a bunch of them and really like them, but always carry 7 in mag, one in chamber. Anyone use them 8+1 though?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yes. Since the end of 2015, I've kept my ETM-V magazines loaded to 8 rounds more often than not (and when they're not, they're generally totally unloaded). Along with my non-Vickers ETM magazines. Have never had an issue with any of the ETM-Vs. I do have an ETM that is no longer locking the slide back when empty on my GI, but that's one out of about a dozen of ETMs.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Vickers 1911 mags

I always run my mags topped off. Never had any issues out of the ETM-V’s that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been running then topped off without problem the last week or so. But, I am still nervous about it. My first 1911,a ria, was a jamamtic topped off. Granted Wilson cqb and trp op are A LOT higher grade pistols

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My Vickers have been in constant use for about three years now. Not a single issue yet. The only thing I have done is swap the base plates to suit my tastes. I don't think I have even cleaned them more than once or twice.

They work well.