G&R Tactical

Thread: Vickers 1911 mags

Feedback Score

Vickers 1911 mags

Are they 8+1? I have a bunch of them and really like them, but always carry 7 in mag, one in chamber. Anyone use them 8+1 though?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yes. Since the end of 2015, I've kept my ETM-V magazines loaded to 8 rounds more often than not (and when they're not, they're generally totally unloaded). Along with my non-Vickers ETM magazines. Have never had an issue with any of the ETM-Vs. I do have an ETM that is no longer locking the slide back when empty on my GI, but that's one out of about a dozen of ETMs.
    " For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny)[.] "
    - Niccolò Machiavelli, 1520 -
    Dell'Arte della Guerra (The Art of War)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Vickers 1911 mags

I always run my mags topped off. Never had any issues out of the ETM-V’s that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been running then topped off without problem the last week or so. But, I am still nervous about it. My first 1911,a ria, was a jamamtic topped off. Granted Wilson cqb and trp op are A LOT higher grade pistols

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My Vickers have been in constant use for about three years now. Not a single issue yet. The only thing I have done is swap the base plates to suit my tastes. I don't think I have even cleaned them more than once or twice.

They work well.