Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.56x45 Winchester 62gr Open Tip made by Lapua or Norma?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Double Tap
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 01-26-19 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I bought some a few or several months ago and did not shoot it until today. Not a lot of it. It shot very well, actually shockingly well, at 300 YDS. Right about at 1 MOA. I say shockingly because although I don't remember what I paid for it I do remember it being very reasonable.... basically I ran out and bought some the very minute I found out it was Swedish-made.

That's one group only so before I declare "best stuff ever" I need to shoot some more but I can't deny a good first impression.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I bought some a few or several months ago and did not shoot it until today. Not a lot of it. It shot very well, actually shockingly well, at 300 YDS. Right about at 1 MOA. I say shockingly because although I don't remember what I paid for it I do remember it being very reasonable.... basically I ran out and bought some the very minute I found out it was Swedish-made.

That's one group only so before I declare "best stuff ever" I need to shoot some more but I can't deny a good first impression.
    My results were similar. I'm going to work up one of my guns specifically for it and see how far I can push it. I was getting 1.25 MOAish out of a CHF barrel. I want to say it's only 2cents more per round than XM193 and shoots WAAAAAYYYYY better

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Good to hear. I just bought 180 rounds to test alongside one or two other bulk loads. This has already been around longer than I expected, I hope it stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Shot some more today and I'm impressed. For me it shoots better than anything else in the "training ammo" price range. $260 / 900 ($.29 / round) and in two rifles it stayed at a solid 1 to 1 1/8 MOA at 100 and 300 yards. For the price that does the deed for just about anything short of "must shoot smallest group possible".

Seems like one of the places offering it said "one time run" and others seem to be showing out of stock.... dunno about availability now or in the future but to me it looks like very good stuff.

Also have been shooting some Hornady Critical Defense 73 grainers. I got it mainly to check reliability with its not-very-pointed bullet; 100 rounds in, in 3-4 rifles with one even having the dreaded M4 feedramped upper receiver combo'd with a non-M4 barrel extension, feeding has been fine. Defying my expectations, it is 1 MOA ammo too.... tested at 100 and 300Y. At 100 it has the same POI as the above 62's and BHA 77's but has a bit more drop at 300 than 77 SMK's as one would expect. I even had chance to put one through glass and heavy clothing in FBI protocol gel testing and was surprised to see it did not turn to lead dust. Will get some pics and tighter specs up soon.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Ned, I ran some in a class two weeks ago and it was very good as well. No issues at all, and quite accurate.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Glad to hear it. Mine should be here tomorrow so I can try it in my (hopefully) newly replaced BCM barrel. Sadly the KAC isn’t back from the factory but I’ll also rest it in my beater PSA that was able to do a 1” Group at 50.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ned, I ran some in a class two weeks ago and it was very good as well. No issues at all, and quite accurate.
    The Hornady or Winchester?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Shot some more today and I'm impressed. For me it shoots better than anything else in the "training ammo" price range. $260 / 900 ($.29 / round) and in two rifles it stayed at a solid 1 to 1 1/8 MOA at 100 and 300 yards. For the price that does the deed for just about anything short of "must shoot smallest group possible".

Seems like one of the places offering it said "one time run" and others seem to be showing out of stock.... dunno about availability now or in the future but to me it looks like very good stuff.
    SGAmmo still has a good amount.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    THe WW Sweden-made 62 grainers in a 20 Wilson Combat 8-twist, and an HM Defense 7-twist 16"-er, in several groups fired, have not yet gone over and inch at 100 yards. The pic shows also a 4 of 4-shots group on steel at 300 yards, 3". I was wrong about the Critical Defense, they are shooting about 1.3 MOA but that includes a few groups at 300y. The groups on paper were fired round-robbin, like WW, Hornady, BHA; WW, Hornady, BHA; WW, Hornady, BHA etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast