Thread: PSA Upper in .308

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score

Question PSA Upper in .308

Growing tired of waiting for the CHF, of nitride PSA uppers to some back into stock. I am thinking either buy an entire stainless rifle kit (sans stripped lower) or just the complete upper. I already have a complete Gen2 lower.

I am wondering about yanking the barrel, and either sending it off to get nitrided, or just buy a quality .308 barrel and do a swap.

I have begun the research for a different barrel. Then this opens up the question on gas system length. Mid or rifle?

Feedback Score
    my vote would be for a Criterion barrel, although I've had good luck with Faxon 308's also. just need to watch out for the gas tube length, for large-frame AR's (e.g. AR-308), there's 2 gas tube standards used: AR-15 and Armalite AR-10.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking to do this as well with a LaRue barrel. Will the bolt carrier work with a JP bolt?

Feedback Score
    There is a moember on TOS that has had good luck with the Criterion 308 barrels in the PSA uppers. Check out their industry section he has a thread.

I think the user posts here as well but cant remember his screen name. something like @BFoosh06 I think

Feedback Score
    Now here's a silly question: how much difference do we think it makes putting in the JP bolt versus just using a standard one for .260? 22" barrel and I think it's the rifle+2 gas length.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Now here's a silly question: how much difference do we think it makes putting in the JP bolt versus just using a standard one for .260? 22" barrel and I think it's the rifle+2 gas length.
    Not so much

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    12 days after I ordered my Gen3 upper I got the notification it's going to ship. Stainless. Looks like the only difference in the upper is the adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    Just got my upper to put the .260 on, now just need the AGB and a +2 gas tube then headspace.