Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A look at S&W's M&P 10 16" Optics ready model...

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I've been happy with mine so far. In the OEM configuration:

Current form factor:
    Just watched this video. That funky looking hammer is probably a MIM part. Thank you for the video.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Just watched this video. That funky looking hammer is probably a MIM part. Thank you for the video.
    Nice review on the OEM version. If you have a link to another video or post somewhere that summarizes a brief list of what items you used to upgrade it, would be interested to see that.

For people like me where a KAC/LMT is not in the cards right now, it's interesting seeing a few fairly lightweight and affordable .308's coming out. Sounds like the M&P could be a solid option in this price range, as their past ones have. Another new one in the 'affordable lightweight .308' category I'm waiting to hear detailed reviews on is the Springfield Saint. It has good specs on paper.

Feedback Score
    I have been debating on getting one for a hunting rifle. I have the windham weaponry 20" 308 for hunting. That thing is way too heavy to carry all day. The M&P is 2 lbs lighter.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Nice review on the OEM version. If you have a link to another video or post somewhere that summarizes a brief list of what items you used to upgrade it, would be interested to see that.
    You won't get that info from me as I don't have one. I've gone PSA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    You won't get that info from me as I don't have one. I've gone PSA.
    I meant to reply to Mr G's post--my bad. I found out later what all the upgrade options are on the M&P 10, including the MI rail and gb, etc.

It does seem a nice rifle for the $$$. Had the same reaction to the S&W M&P 10 in 6.5 CM. But with the 6.5 CM, it comes pretty well g2g out of the box, shooting sub-MOA accuracy even at long range. Maybe change the trigger, that's it. With this one, no way most of us would leave it alone, you'd be upgrading all kinds of stuff and before you know it you can have $500 to $600 in upgrades. Which doesn't really make sense on this type of rifle, IMHO. If planning to do much in the way of upgrades, you'd be way better off just spending a little more to get something like the new Colt CM762, which is setup pretty much the way you want it right out of the box. The colt is the below-$1500 .308 to beat these days, if you can actually find one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post

For people like me where a KAC/LMT is not in the cards right now, it's interesting seeing a few fairly lightweight and affordable .308's coming out. Sounds like the M&P could be a solid option in this price range, as their past ones have. Another new one in the 'affordable lightweight .308' category I'm waiting to hear detailed reviews on is the Springfield Saint. It has good specs on paper.

Video's in the works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12