Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notes on my Springfield Pro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Going to be a stupid question but....does flaking effect function?
    Yes. The trigger would not fully reset. It would go far enough forward to fire, but not enough to engage the trigger and firing pin safeties.

I don't know how long I carried it like that.

Feedback Score
    Good stuff Greg. Appreciated. Formidable trio for sure, regardless of current internet mantra.

Question if I may. When compared to your Wilsons, do you find the Pro equal? Better? Worse? Just curious.

Also, I get the nostalgia thing. Not sure why it became such a taboo thing in gun world today but whatever.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The pro is more accurate and much better in fit and finish than any of my Wilsons (CQB and CQB Elite). BUUUUT, having to send the Springer back twice would make me gun shy about buying another, especially if I didn't already have a reliable gun (in some nightmare world where I only have one gun, LOL). I feel like the Wilsons are more reliable out of the box. But then again, a TRP would also be more reliable out of the box and a crapton cheaper than either. Let me just say this, I think the Wilson CQB is closer to the TRP in fitting than the PRO. Each one of my Wilsons had small fit and finish issues that irritated me (any misfitting of the grip safety is always irritating to me).

Anyway, I think the PRO is a better "keeper" but the CQB will be more likely to be drama-free out of the box. I just wish Wilson would just make Plain Jane CQBs and quit trying to go all Sig/Kimber with all the fruity color combinations.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice write-up. I don't have a Pro, just a simple Springfield Custom Carry, but I love mine. No magwell, no ambi, no checkering or fancy finish, but as you noted the Springfield Custom Shop puts these guns together well.

Don't sell this one.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The pro is more accurate and much better in fit and finish than any of my Wilsons (CQB and CQB Elite). BUUUUT, having to send the Springer back twice would make me gun shy about buying another, especially if I didn't already have a reliable gun (in some nightmare world where I only have one gun, LOL). I feel like the Wilsons are more reliable out of the box. But then again, a TRP would also be more reliable out of the box and a crapton cheaper than either. Let me just say this, I think the Wilson CQB is closer to the TRP in fitting than the PRO. Each one of my Wilsons had small fit and finish issues that irritated me (any misfitting of the grip safety is always irritating to me).

Anyway, I think the PRO is a better "keeper" but the CQB will be more likely to be drama-free out of the box. I just wish Wilson would just make Plain Jane CQBs and quit trying to go all Sig/Kimber with all the fruity color combinations.
    Wilson makes very plain CQBs, they're just not in stock anywhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a NHC 1911 that is a Heine edition and has no goofy markings. Clean as a whistle, love the clean ones. The Pro is my favorite.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I like plain old CQB, the older the better.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

Thanks Greg, and Happy New year.

I have had the opportunity to handle a lot of custom and semi custom guns, even shoot some of them, over the years but have never been able to actually even handle a Pro, which I always attributed to being that they where somewhat elusive for a lot of years due to demand. So first hand input from owners, especially from those that have had as a basis of comparison, is great info for sure.

I get what you are saying about the Wilson's also. My CQB Elite is probably the nicest gun I own, been stone cold reliable and drama free. But, for some reason it is my least favorite. I thought I was going to love it, but I don't. It's almost to frilly and nice. Oh well, lesson learned. If it was simple and clean like 17K posted above, probably a different story. Pretty drool worthy.

My goal for 2019 is consolidation and streamlining the whole gun thing. The Pro was on my radar (and might be again after some pondering) simply because it would fit the criteria of being able to have one with a rail and one without but otherwise being identical and would ultimately get me to where I want to be in the end.

Thanks again for the info and keep us updated, it is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have owned 5 SA 1911’s and I have never had a single issue. I still own 3. That being said, every mfg makes a mistake at some point. Nobody is 100% perfect except one. And he doesn’t make 1911’s.

My contention is when you buy high quality stuff, you drastically reduce the chances of getting a lemon and if you do they will take care of you.

I had an Ed Brown that shot brass straight in my face. Another Brown that was perfect. I respect no matter what when you have a troubling experience , it usually sticks with you. For those looking I say a TRP or a Pro is a pretty good bet.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Wilson makes very plain CQBs, they're just not in stock anywhere.

That is one clean looking handgun, nice !!
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast