Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .224 Valkerie conundrum

Feedback Score
    Roger that, thanks.

I'm watching this closely. I'm not yet convinced that the Valk is going to perform beyond the marketing hype. Of course I'm the guy who took one look at the 6.5 Creed and remembered it as the .260 Bobcat round that Jim Carmichael touted to an unimpressed shooting community a quarter century ago.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Im so slow to adapt new calibers but I fell for the 6.5 and I am not disappointed, but its going to take some crazy developments to get me on board with the Valk, but good for this who champion the new calibers or we would all be shooting 30-06.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im so slow to adapt new calibers but I fell for the 6.5 and I am not disappointed, but its going to take some crazy developments to get me on board with the Valk, but good for this who champion the new calibers or we would all be shooting 30-06.

PB
    Gotcha! I agree.

Developing new calibers? Good.
    Hyped marketing of new calibers before all the development's done? Not so much...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    Roger that, thanks.

I'm watching this closely. I'm not yet convinced that the Valk is going to perform beyond the marketing hype. Of course I'm the guy who took one look at the 6.5 Creed and remembered it as the .260 Bobcat round that Jim Carmichael touted to an unimpressed shooting community a quarter century ago.
    We took the gun back out the weekend before last, and the barrel shot better using some 75 grain bullets if I remember correctly. The guy is going to get some more heavier stuff and bring it out again.

As far as the 500 yard fiasco... there was a scope/user issue going on there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234