Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Detach Mount for Vortex Crossfire RDS (1/3)?

Feedback Score

Quick Detach Mount for Vortex Crossfire RDS (1/3)?

I did a search here and on Google. I get the idea that probably any mount that fits an Aimpoint T1 fits the Vortex Crossfire RDS? Is this true?

If not, what is a 1/3 cowitness quick detach mount that fits the Crossfire?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 12-27-18 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I did a search here and on Google. I get the idea that probably any mount that fits an Aimpoint T1 fits the Vortex Crossfire RDS? Is this true?

If not, what is a 1/3 cowitness quick detach mount that fits the Crossfire?

You are correct - any mount that will work for the T1/T2 will also work for the Crossfire Red Dot, so your choices are seemingly endless!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    You are correct - any mount that will work for the T1/T2 will also work for the Crossfire Red Dot, so your choices are seemingly endless!
    Thanks. Nothing like the manufacturer chiming in to stop the speculation!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Doc, I've used the Bobro 1/3 Co-Witness T-1 mount on my Aimpoint H-1 going on 3 years now. Zero issues. "Snap-On, Snap-Off"! A very solid QD mount. I believe SWFA has a pretty good price on these.

Feedback Score
    Got another question: is there an optic cover or some sort of lense cap accessory that will fit? I'm guessing there must be a Scopecoat for the T1 that will fit, but I'm partial to TangoDown covers if available.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Got another question: is there an optic cover or some sort of lense cap accessory that will fit? I'm guessing there must be a Scopecoat for the T1 that will fit, but I'm partial to TangoDown covers if available.
    Not sure but I'd be surprised if the IO cover fits because the top of the optic is different, if nothing else. Maybe the lens caps that come with the T2 or the T1 bikini cover though?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not sure but I'd be surprised if the IO cover fits because the top of the optic is different, if nothing else. Maybe the lens caps that come with the T2 or the T1 bikini cover though?
    Yeah, the TangoDown cover won't fit for the reason you list. I hate bikini covers. Anything else? I may have to swallow hard and use the right sized Scopecoat.

Feedback Score
    You'd be surprised but the Tango Down actually does work - one of our instructors here has one on his Crossfire RDS. Even though they're different optics, there's really not a whole lot you can do with a micro red dot to make the shape and form notably different (Less space to work with) and that is a proven form factor, so we stuck close to it.

Feedback Score
    You'd be surprised but the Tango Down actually does work - one of our instructors here has one on his Crossfire RDS. Even though they're different optics, there's really not a whole lot you can do with a micro red dot to make the shape and form notably different (Less space to work with) and that is a proven form factor, so we stuck close to it.
    So, just to clarify, the TangoDown cover for the Aimpoint T1 actually fits the Crossfire?

Feedback Score
    Confirmed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast