Thread: Best Mid Priced 10.5" Barrel?

Feedback Score

Best Mid Priced 10.5" Barrel?

Looking for a 10.5" barrel to build out my recently approved Form 1 SBR. What do you guys recommend in the mid price range barrels? Right now I'm highly considering the Rosco Mfg. 10.5, but I'd like to hear other opinions. Not looking for sub-MOA, I would like MOA-ish if possible in this price range however. Thanks

Ben

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Welcome to M4C!

What is the goal of the upper? Are you looking for accuracy or more of a shooter? Are you going to suppress it?

Daniel Defense changed their gas port size on their 10.3 barrel (mk18 barrel) a little while back. IMO its the best bang for the buck but may be a little on the expensive side. Rosco I have heard makes good stuff but have no experience with them. I personally would not consider them mid price range barrels, more low cost barrels like ballistic advantage. I think garand thumb did a comparison against the DD but he has turned into a bit of a shill so I no longer consider him a trusted source.

If you are looking to try out the length, another option is to pick up one of the Palmetto uppers. Not super accurate but is a good blaster to get a feel for the length. I was able to get one used and decided I liked the length for a pistol and built up an upper off the DD barrel and Geissele MK4 rail and gas block. Awesome upper.

Another great option is the LMT 10.5 upper. Not always in stock but my buddy has one and its an excellent upper.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the reply, I plan on using this upper as kind of a truck gun. Will eventually run it suppressed with a 1-6 optic on top. Would like to take it to around 400 yds on steel, so the more accuracy the better. At the same time I realize that there are sometimes trade offs with the lower priced barrels when it comes to accuracy, but even if it means saving up a little longer I'd like at least a 1.5 MOA capable barrel (if I can do my part behind the rifle).

I've looked into Rosco, Rainer Arms and a few others. I'll check out the DD and LMT stuff. Thanks for the info!

Ben

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The Rainier Arms lightweight barrel is supposed to be great (I have no personal experience). It is in your general price range and they have a 90 day money back guarantee which is crazy. They also guarantee sub moa with match ammo. Its kind of unheard of for $200.

Feedback Score
    I looked it up and that looks like a wonderful deal! Thanks for the info!

Ben

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honestly, I have built two SBRs and two AR15 Pistols with Palmetto State FN CHF 10.5" uppers. No issues with any of them. I don't know if they will shoot MOA honestly as it was not my purpose in building them and I haven't shot them that way- they all have Aimpoints on them etc...vs. a scope. They run well and I am able to easily hit IPSC size steel out to 200 with them which was all I ask. I think I bought them for $340 shipped....Very happy with what I got for the money. I don't know that they offer them very much anymore as they seem to be offering the cheaper Nitrided stuff more these days. Maybe better for what you want anyway, while chrome lined barrels can and do shoot very well, it isn't what they are known for.
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-27-18 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    Might be worth looking into a burner barrel, I might do some digging to see what kind of accuracy people are getting from them. Right now it's looking like the rainer arms is the winner for me. Might be able to find a used DD in the classifieds as I've read good things about them as well.

Ben

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Andro Corp 10.3" with 0.070" gas port for $130 is what I would get. They also sell barreled uppers for <$300.

https://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10-3-port-size-0-070/

https://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10...rt-size-0-070/

https://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10...pper-assembly/
    Last edited by scooter22; 12-29-18 at 09:57.