Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Detach Mount for Vortex Crossfire RDS (1/3)?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I did a search here and on Google. I get the idea that probably any mount that fits an Aimpoint T1 fits the Vortex Crossfire RDS? Is this true?

If not, what is a 1/3 cowitness quick detach mount that fits the Crossfire?
    I’ve used the ADM on three smaller red dots, and I could not be happier. I do prefer LaRue, but for the price, especially with a mil discount the EADM is hard to beat.

On my 10.3. (My MoY optic.) :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Confirmed!
    Good to know.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is awesome news. I also don't like bikini covers, and will be getting a TD iO for my Crossfire.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Anyone have some use on these? I'm considering one in lieu of irons.

Feedback Score
    I have a dog in the fight because I won one in the "Thread of the Year Contest". I haven't received it yet, but I'm anxious to try it out. I've got experience with the Aimpoint T1 and Trijicon MRO, so I would like to compare my impressions of those with the Crossfire.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only thing that sucks about the Crossfire red dot is the rheostat and battery life. The illumination dial only turns one way and doesn't have "off" positions in between, which wouldn't be a very big deal if the battery life was Aimpoint-like, but it's not. Also, the battery cover can be a PITA to remove. With those things noted, it's a good budget RDS option and I like the included lower 3rd mount. Mine lives on a truck gun and it's been beaten up, dropped, vibrated, bounced, dusty, muddy, snowy and seen temps from 15 to 140+ degrees and it's never flickered, lost zero, or had any other issues that I've seen with other low-end RDS.

Feedback Score
    I thought of another question. Just got a wild hair and don't know if it will even work/fit or if it will make the gun too heavy.....but......is there a Glock 17 MOS plate that will fit the Crossfire red dot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I thought of another question. Just got a wild hair and don't know if it will even work/fit or if it will make the gun too heavy.....but......is there a Glock 17 MOS plate that will fit the Crossfire red dot?
    Negative - you'd need this (And for the record - we like it but it doesn't take anywhere near 6 seconds to mount and requires removal of front sight to cycle the slide) - https://algdefense.com/6-second-mount.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Negative - you'd need this (And for the record - we like it but it doesn't take anywhere near 6 seconds to mount and requires removal of front sight to cycle the slide) - https://algdefense.com/6-second-mount.html
    Yeah....that's kind of an elaborate contraption. I think I'll pass.

Feedback Score
    I did some further digging and found this:

https://www.larue.com/products/glock...t-micro-mount/

Should work, no?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast