Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Best, Cheap, Home Defense Option

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    A double barrel can be kept ready by storing it loaded but partially cracked open.

A 3x5 index card can also be folded and inserted into the action as its gently closed. The action wont then close by accident yet the card can be simply pulled out, the action closed, and the gun is ready for use. (And safety pushed off)

The manual of arms is much simpler than a pump or semi for the non-enthusiest.

Double triggers preffered for reliability. Single triggers usually re-cock by recoil and low-recoil ammo sometimes doesn't do it.
    Ron3 - I just reread my post in the light of day and it was kind of off putting to me, my apologies if I offended you in any way.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Ron3 - I just reread my post in the light of day and it was kind of off putting to me, my apologies if I offended you in any way.
    No big deal, my man.

This is just a light-hearted chat. A shotgun isn't actually part of my self/defense equipment anymore but I have experience with many types of them. (And you probably do, too)

Of all of them I've found the double to be simplest for most people to pick up and start using. No stuck/cracked followers, no magazine tube or spring, no concern about which shells will cycle, no short-stroking or forgetting to, no malfunction drills, less chance of forgetting a shell in the magazine or chamber (although cant fix stupid), and the lack of these things can make the weapon less intimidating to the casual user.

Also they are lighter, shorter, and take down for easy storage and range visits.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345