Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best value "duty grade" LVPO?

Feedback Score
    Echoing the others here, the Gen II razor fits perfectly into the "duty grade LPVO, highest value" category, for your mentioned price point.

Possibly used legacy steiner military LPVOs or old short dots but they will be more expensive, older tech, and have less features than the Gen II razor.

Feedback Score
    I’m very interested as well in the responses this thread will generate

What are the perimeters to be considered “duty grade”. ? From what I can see the Vortex PST II seems to be very similar to the razor with the exception of glass quality and/or place of manufacture. What would eliminate an optic like this from being “duty grade” ?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I’m very interested as well in the responses this thread will generate

What are the perimeters to be considered “duty grade”. ? From what I can see the Vortex PST II seems to be very similar to the razor with the exception of glass quality and/or place of manufacture. What would eliminate an optic like this from being “duty grade” ?
    There have been several reports of Vipers breaking unfortunately. I think Yeti had one and had seen at least another in one of his classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. How are they breaking? Electrical or physically breaking?

How about the non military Seiners scopes?
    Last edited by OldState; 12-28-18 at 11:06.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They're new on the market, but the Primary Arms Platinum Series 1-8X ACSS Raptor FFP scopes (new M2 reticle) are getting solid reviews. The Platinum Series is reportedly far higher quality than their 'standard' line.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    Whoa. All other options aside, I think the decision was just made for me. $899...even if there’s not an additional LE discount (not sure yet).

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-raz...iflescope.aspx
    Last edited by rockapede; 12-28-18 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    They're new on the market, but the Primary Arms Platinum Series 1-8X ACSS Raptor FFP scopes (new M2 reticle) are getting solid reviews. The Platinum Series is reportedly far higher quality than their 'standard' line.
    I went with NXS8, and bought the cheap primary arms 1-6 to play with and for how cheap they are, I was impressed.

PB

Correction, I was thinking about the cheaper ones, not the Platinum. No idea how the $1,200 variety performs.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-28-18 at 15:14.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Anyone have significant experience with the Trijicon Accupower 1-8? I've used a handful of good LPVOs, but have not yet shot with this one...wondering where folks think it ranks. Specifically, I'm interested to hear how y'all would compare it to other FFP reticles, since I tend to divide LPVOs into FFP and SFP subcategories, depending on the intended use of course.
    I've come to appreciate SFP BDC style reticles in the 1-4 and 1-6 range and have gravitated toward FFP mil reticles in the 1-8, especially with the latest from Nightforce. I guess it comes from my bolt gun background and wanting to be able to accurately mil targets for range estimation the further out I can see.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch16 View Post
    Anyone have significant experience with the Trijicon Accupower 1-8? I've used a handful of good LPVOs, but have not yet shot with this one...wondering where folks think it ranks. Specifically, I'm interested to hear how y'all would compare it to other FFP reticles, since I tend to divide LPVOs into FFP and SFP subcategories, depending on the intended use of course.
    I've come to appreciate SFP BDC style reticles in the 1-4 and 1-6 range and have gravitated toward FFP mil reticles in the 1-8, especially with the latest from Nightforce. I guess it comes from my bolt gun background and wanting to be able to accurately mil targets for range estimation the further out I can see.
    Love mine. Being they are durable 1-8s they are not light. But quality it top notch.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't know about best value duty grade but I purchased 20 Leupold VX-R Firedot Circle model 111231 back in 2014. They are held in LT104 mounts. My goal at the time was to get one on each squad in the five Districts where I work. With transfers and such that never happened perfectly but I've had at least 15 in use since I bought them. We run mostly Eotechs (low bidder) so the Firedot Circle was a similar sight picture to what the officers were use to. The scopes are mostly in Patrol. Of course I use one in Training and one SWAT officer uses one. Officers that don't have take home cars have to leave their rifles in the gun lockers at the station. Most of us don't have take homes so the rifles take a beating in the District lockers getting banged into each other in the racks every shift. The only issue I've seen is one of the push button on/off switched died. Leupold replaced the switch in a week. I use my firedot when qualifying because it helps me pick up the sight picture when shooting on my support side in quals. Most guys in Patrol turn the dot on when deploying the rifle out of the car and shut it off when back in the rifle rack. I give out batteries about every 6 months. That seems to be about the norm. I've played with the Vortex while in a class at Quantico. It was definitely noticeably heavier than my Leupold. I think variable optics have gotten quite a bit more durable in the past 10 years. Nightforce and others make great optics but I would have never gotten something that expensive approved for Patrol Officer's use on a patrol rifle. Good luck in your search. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 12-30-18 at 18:27.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast