Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have experience with the polish WBP Fox AKs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The only thing that I'd clarify is that the stamped receivers for 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 rifles are only a creation for the US market. The military full autos they sell only have milled receivers.
    Edited due to being off topic. However they produced briefly the AKS-74M1A1 a 5.56 stamped receiver 74 variant in 5.56NATO in the early 2000's prior to the AKM/74 hyrbrid that became the 106 and subsequent 107.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-03-19 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Agreed. The only thing that I'd clarify is that the stamped receivers for 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 rifles are only a creation for the US market. The military full autos they sell only have milled receivers. They did make 5.45x39 stamped receiver military rifles, but they appear to be out of production.
    http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/assault-rifles-24
    I didn't know that. So the SAM-series is close to what they're exporting for foreign mil sales? I've never owned a milled AK, but it's on my short(er) list. I don't see nearly as much negative feedback about the SAM series, but sales numbers are probably not close, either, given the price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I didn't know that. So the SAM-series is close to what they're exporting for foreign mil sales? I've never owned a milled AK, but it's on my short(er) list. I don't see nearly as much negative feedback about the SAM series, but sales numbers are probably not close, either, given the price.
    The SAM has the same issues with the mag tabs being eliminated in some mags and requiring a lowered and widened feedramp bevel.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-03-19 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    To clear a fog a little.

WBP Rogów Jacek Popiński is independent manufacturer, that makes "Jack" AKM in different variant using own components and sourced form FB Radom (state factory making Beryls) including CHF barrels (FB Radom also makes Beryl M762 in 7.62x39mm). Generally it is well regarded, small workshop. http://wbprogow.pl/

Hellpup and other "Polish AK" or "AK from Radom" made with random parts (Romanian, etc.) come from PAC or Pioneer Arms Corp. Their only connection to Polish "oval 11" AK is that they are in Radom and lease space in place where Polish ZM Łucznik used to be. https://www.pioneer-pac.com/

Those 2 businesses are unrelated. One sells on use of name "Radom" and "Polish AK". Second doesn't use such marketing.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Radom factory is not the same factory that made AKs during the Soviet era. That factory has closed long long ago and has moved. It's now called FB Fabryka Broni Łucznik. The current Radom factory is like the US version of Springfield Armory. Name was once a gov armory, now a private company with no ties to the old name. Except in this case it's less Springfield and more HiPoint

FB existed before WW2 making Model 1935 pistols, Model 1929 Mausers, etc and was the state supplier to the Polish government.

Pre WW2 FB -----> the Radom 11 cold war era factory -----> and the current FB, are the direct lineage for real Polish military firearms.

WBP Rogów Jacek Popiński is a separate manufacture of real AK variants in Poland

All other "Radom" made polish guns on the US market such as Pioneers Arms, etc are not real Polish guns. They are parts kit builds from surplus Polish parts.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-04-19 at 15:26.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quick question....I understand the WBP Fox rifles sold by Atlantic have the Beryl rear trunnion....how does this effect installation of aftermarket stocks and/or M4-style stock adapters such as the ones by Rifle Dynamics, Krebs, etc.?

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    You cannot install and M4 adapter if they have it.

edit: my mistake
    Last edited by black22rifle; 01-07-19 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    You cannot install and M4 adapter if they have it.
    Really? Looks like I didn't get the memo, when I installed Vltor M4 adapter on my Mini Beryl, with 0 (zero) modifications

BTW In before all wise comments: this picture presents 2 aiming configurations at once. IRL I was not using LPVO and Red Dot at same time. However I verified that it works good enough when aiming with LPVO trough Red Dot if needed. Putting LPVO mounted on POPC was 6 second job
    Last edited by montrala; 01-07-19 at 05:05.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    The only "AK Variants" worth buying on the US market now days are standardized imported AKM or 47 pattern styles. Stick with what works, keep things simple- which is exactly what these WPB FOX rifles have to offer. Trust me on that.

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-10-19 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bump for any more recent experience. I have been looking at these at Atlantic since they are back in stock. Are these considered high quality enough to be a serious use gun?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast