Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first AR build questions. 7.5"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pay attention to the titles of each subforum, and to the stickied threads at the top of each subforum. The latter usually includes the specific rules for a given subforum.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone here have a reliable 7.5 inch 5.56 that can give some details of their build?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I haven’t built a 5.56 at 7.5, but I have built 10.3, 11.5 and 12.5. So for ne, I haven’t gone shorter than 10.3. I don’t do clone builds, I bought that barrel because it was the length the Hanson profile came that was in the 10” space, if BA made a 10.5 in the Hanson. I would have bought a 10.5. That said I’ve had good success with my 10.3 and it’s one of my favorite SBR’s in terms of handling and how well it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I haven’t built a 5.56 at 7.5, but I have built 10.3, 11.5 and 12.5. So for ne, I haven’t gone shorter than 10.3. I don’t do clone builds, I bought that barrel because it was the length the Hanson profile came that was in the 10” space, if BA made a 10.5 in the Hanson. I would have bought a 10.5. That said I’ve had good success with my 10.3 and it’s one of my favorite SBR’s in terms of handling and how well it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So your 10.3 is a BA Hanson correct? Did you get it with their gas block installed or blank? When you say clone are you referring to the DD 10.3 as a Mk18 clone? Thanks.
    Last edited by Rngr188; 01-02-19 at 07:35.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you're looking for a reliable 5.56 solution <10", check out our BRT 9" PDW Barrels, which utilize the PDW gas system.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think being my first build I'll go 10.3 or 10.5, I love the looks of a 7.5 but seems to be too many negatives.

Feedback Score
    I have a Ballistic Advantage 7.5 barrel on an Aero Precision receiver set. The 7.5 is plenty effective and the velocity won't be an issue for what ever you're shooting at. Wouldn't be my first choice for hunting but it's perfect for self defense. Short, easily maneuvered. FYI it's loud and draws attention at the range. I have a Strike Industries Oppressor on mine and it helps a lot with the blast. https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/oppressor.html

Unless you're a sniper you'll be very happy with the 7.5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnXDm View Post
    I have a Ballistic Advantage 7.5 barrel on an Aero Precision receiver set. The 7.5 is plenty effective and the velocity won't be an issue for what ever you're shooting at. Wouldn't be my first choice for hunting but it's perfect for self defense. Short, easily maneuvered. FYI it's loud and draws attention at the range. I have a Strike Industries Oppressor on mine and it helps a lot with the blast. https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/oppressor.html

Unless you're a sniper you'll be very happy with the 7.5.
    I ordered that barrel with pinned low profile gas block, should be here tomorrow. What length/type rail are you running and does the Oppressor tuck into it some? Also what muzzle device do yo have the Oppressor attached to? My goal is something like the Oppressor that just sticks out of the rail to give an almost integrally suppressed look.

Feedback Score
    I'm using the Aero Precision 7 inch Atlas hand guard. The rail ends where the barrel muzzle threads begin. That's perfect for the Strike Industries Triple Crown muzzle. The Oppressor works with most of the SI muzzles. The Oppressor doesn't fit inside the Atlas. It has a ID of 1.3 inches, the Oppressor has an OD of 1.55 inches. The Oppressor attaches to the Triple Crown close to the end of the rail. If you wanted it to go into the rail you would need a slightly longer and wider rail but not too long or you will block the muzzle ports. Fortis also has the Control Shield that does the same thing as the Oppressor. Here is the Fortis, my Oppressor is on vacation with a range buddy.20180514_123052.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I've got a standard buffer spring and carbine buffer, will that run or do I need to go with something else? I haven decided on a muzzle device yet but wondering about my buffer and spring selection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast