Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reptilia - New Kids on the Block

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the business and hope you do well. Being the neighborly - type (lol), I ordered your grip for a tryout on one of my pistols. Appreciate the military / responder discount.
    Received the pistol grip today. Installed it on my little 8.5" pistol. Fit my hand very well. I like the "closer to vertical" angle and the shorter height. Very nice. I'm currently gathering parts for my first 300BLK build and will likely get another grip whenever I get around to doing a dedicated lower for it (probably this summer for a lower). Here's a couple of pics. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Woo Hoo Reptilia pic thread!!

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just one more thing. The packaging. I purchased a pistol grip weeks ago. It arrived in a plain cardboard box with some paper stuffed inside. Expected and fine with me. The Reptilia arrived in a similar box. Inside that box was a box which was perfectly fit within a sleeve. Removed the box from the sleeve. That box was similar to what I'd expect a Rolex to arrive in. Two-piece box with removable lid. Blew me away. Within the box was molded / shaped plastic which cradled the pistol grip. Certainly not earth-shattering but, the packaging alone told me they put their best foot forward by demonstrating both pride in their product and how they care about the customer. Needless to say, I was impressed.

In the future give me "express" packaging and keep the change (kidding).

Feedback Score
    Just one more thing. The packaging. I purchased a pistol grip weeks ago. It arrived in a plain cardboard box with some paper stuffed inside. Expected and fine with me. The Reptilia arrived in a similar box. Inside that box was a box which was perfectly fit within a sleeve. Removed the box from the sleeve. That box was similar to what I'd expect a Rolex to arrive in. Two-piece box with removable lid. Blew me away. Within the box was molded / shaped plastic which cradled the pistol grip. Certainly not earth-shattering but, the packaging alone told me they put their best foot forward by demonstrating both pride in their product and how they care about the customer. Needless to say, I was impressed.

In the future give me "express" packaging and keep the change (kidding).

I'm really, really happy the packaging is appreciated! To your point, it isn't cheap, but matters when it comes to shelf presence and overall user experience. I can't tell you how disappointed I am when I buy a premium product that arrives in a brown cardboard box.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I haven't run mine yet but thus far I'm really liking it, agree the packaging is pretty impressive while the price point is still reasonable. Looking forward to new colors as this may be my new go to grip.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was also impressed by the packaging.

At first glance I felt for sure that the back-strap along the upper receiver would let folks get a little bit more on the trigger if they needed to, but in running my 'how far does my finger go onto the magwell' comparison I found it the same as the B5 Systems Type 23's I generally use. This wasn't an issue for me - just mentioning it. The grip does allow you to get further up on the backstrap than the Type 23's, for example.

The slight arch in the back strap nicely fills in the grip.

The grip is a little too short for me, I knew it would be shorter than the B5's, by my measurement about 1/2 inch shorter. I didn't realize how that would affect me. My pinky finger is kind of awkwardly hanging half-on and half-off of the small ridge at the bottom of the front strap.

Pretty sure that I could fix it with a sanding wheel, but since I just bought the grip to try one, I had my wife try it and ended up putting it on her latest rifle.

Fit is excellent, snugs up nice with no gaps anyplace along the sides.

Overall I would say a great product for those wanting a slightly shorter, more vertical grip.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I assume I have average-sized hands. But I too thought that folks with larger hands might find the grip a bit on the short side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I assume I have average-sized hands. But I too thought that folks with larger hands might find the grip a bit on the short side.
    Yes, I had to do some minor surgery to the bottom of the front strap on my G19 for the same reason.

Other than that issue, I think it is a great little grip, as I said my wife liked it and she is not elfin.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just ordered a ROF-90 RMR, looking forward to trying it out!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast