Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reptilia - New Kids on the Block

Feedback Score

Reptilia - New Kids on the Block

Hey guys, username "NickB" here - just spoke with Grant, and he suggested I do a quick introduction on my new company, Reptilia (www.reptiliacorp.com). Some of you already know me, but for those who don't, I joined M4C about 10 years ago when I was doing military and international sales & business development at Magpul. During that time, my now business partner, Eric, was the lead product designer at Magpul, who then went on to help develop the Honey Badger at AAC, and then the SIX12 shotgun at Crye Precision. Eric and I decided it's time to carve our own path, so here we are.

Our focus thus far has been on relatively niche market products designed at the request of specific user groups, but over the coming weeks and months we will be introducing more kit for military, law enforcement, and commercial customers. We are doing a combination of polymer injection molded products (obviously), as well as CNC machined pieces. I am attaching photos of our current production products, and will update the thread with more as we get closer to releasing new gear. M4C has always felt like a home to us, so we will be sure to keep you guys updated as new things become available, and teasers of prototypes and ideas. We're still small enough to respond to forum feedback, so fire away - would love to hear what you want and what you think.

Grant, thank you for letting me post this!

rep-productionphoto-rof90-RMR-1-1.jpgrep-productionphoto-rof90-DPP-Mounted-right.jpgSTCK9203-2.jpgSTCK9581-2.jpg

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Great to have you onboard and look forward to seeing what you and Eric come up with!

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Welcome to your new company, and the best of luck and success in the coming new year!

I always enjoyed seeing your posts under your former screen name, as they were knowledgeable. Your products looks very sound, and the grip looks like it's great for short ARs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Welcome to your new company, and the best of luck and success in the coming new year!

I always enjoyed seeing your posts under your former screen name, as they were knowledgeable. Your products looks very sound, and the grip looks like it's great for short ARs.
    Thank you!! The grip was designed specifically for a customer using SIG MCX 300 BLK guns, but it is obviously compatible with any AR15/SR25 pattern receiver.STCK9065-2-2.jpg

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can you please start making Surefire scout mounts that don’t suck?

By that I mean models for picatinny, MLok, and keymod that have:

1. Recoil lug interfaces that correctly engage the bottom recoil lugs on a Surefire scout body.

2. Position the light at 10:30 or 1:30 and do not allow the head of the light to contact the front BUIS

3. Also make a MLoK scout mount for geiesssle mk4 and mk8 rails that uses the 1:30 and 10:30 row of slots that also accomplishes the above two issues

Note I am not asking for the lowest profile or the thinnest lightly built mount possible.

A set of ploymer rail covers for Geissele Mk1 rails would be nice.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-28-18 at 12:23.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Can you please start making Surefire scout mounts that don’t suck?

By that I mean models for picatinny, MLok, and keymod that have:

1. Recoil lug interfaces the correctly engage the bottom recoil lugs on a Surefire scout body.

2. Position the light at 10:30 or 1:30 and do not allow the head of the light to contact the front BUIS

3. Also make a MLoK scout mount for geiesssle mk4 and mk8 rails that uses the 1:30 and 10:30 row of slots that also accomplishes the above two issues

Note I am not asking for the lowest profile or the thinnest lightly built mount possible.

Actually have a request from a mil customer for Scout products right now, we should chat. Bill G is a friend and I'm sure we would get his blessing if not making a product that competes with his lineup. No go on polymer Mk1 rail covers, though...would have to charge $1000/set to make it worth while!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
    Hey guys, username "NickB" here - just spoke with Grant, and he suggested I do a quick introduction on my new company, Reptilia (www.reptiliacorp.com). Some of you already know me, but for those who don't, I joined M4C about 10 years ago when I was doing military and international sales & business development at Magpul. During that time, my now business partner, Eric, was the lead product designer at Magpul, who then went on to help develop the Honey Badger at AAC, and then the SIX12 shotgun at Crye Precision. Eric and I decided it's time to carve our own path, so here we are.

Our focus thus far has been on relatively niche market products designed at the request of specific user groups, but over the coming weeks and months we will be introducing more kit for military, law enforcement, and commercial customers. We are doing a combination of polymer injection molded products (obviously), as well as CNC machined pieces. I am attaching photos of our current production products, and will update the thread with more as we get closer to releasing new gear. M4C has always felt like a home to us, so we will be sure to keep you guys updated as new things become available, and teasers of prototypes and ideas. We're still small enough to respond to forum feedback, so fire away - would love to hear what you want and what you think.

Grant, thank you for letting me post this!

rep-productionphoto-rof90-RMR-1-1.jpgrep-productionphoto-rof90-DPP-Mounted-right.jpgSTCK9203-2.jpgSTCK9581-2.jpg
    Great to see you here!
    I'm liking the grip on my shorty guns so far!
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm glad to see you here posting on these products. I actually ran across your website a few months ago and was specifically interested in the ROF-90 mounts but didn't know anything about the company.

A few questions if you don't mine me asking..

Do you have any plans on making Aimpoint compatible Geissele ring mounts? (T1/T2 footprint, and eventually the new ACRO-P1 footprint)

and..

Do you have any plans on making picatinny versions of these mounts as well? A small/short version for mounting an RDS with a mount, and an extended version for mounting laser rangefinders like the SilencerCo Radius/Wilcox Raptar would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This would be awesome. Also, making a light mount specifically for the Mk1/Mk3 rails that uses the 10:30/1:30 proprietary slot as the mounting point would be fantastic.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 12-28-18 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
    Thank you!! The grip was designed specifically for a customer using SIG MCX 300 BLK guns, but it is obviously compatible with any AR15/SR25 pattern receiver.STCK9065-2-2.jpg
    Good timing! Going to try this grip for a new lower I am building. Good luck with the new company Nick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I'm glad to see you here posting on these products. I actually ran across your website a few months ago and was specifically interested in the ROF-90 mounts but didn't know anything about the company.

A few questions if you don't mine me asking..

Do you have any plans on making Aimpoint compatible Geissele ring mounts? (T1/T2 footprint, and eventually the new ACRO-P1 footprint)

and..

Do you have any plans on making picatinny versions of these mounts as well? A small/short version for mounting an RDS with a mount, and an extended version for mounting laser rangefinders like the SilencerCo Radius/Wilcox Raptar would be awesome.

This would be awesome. Also, making a light mount specifically for the Mk1/Mk3 rails that uses the 10:30/1:30 proprietary slot as the mounting point would be fantastic.
    Aimpoint is a yes (see attached prototype images). The Pic rail makes sense and can certainly be done with half a day of R&D if demand is there. We're a small company, so I'm really enjoying our ability to do cool things that the big guys can't. Thank you for the suggestions, I will ask Eric to look at the Pic rail design!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast