Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Reptilia - New Kids on the Block

Feedback Score
    VERY nice looking stuff. Bookmarked for future consideration.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is a cheap and easy mod for the CQG.

I recently got a Reptilia CQG grip for my AR pistol. Like many others, I really liked the size and profile of the CQG but felt like it needed some texture to make it more grippy.

I got a 5"x7" sticker sheet of Talon Grip from Amazon and cut out some side panels for the CQG. It worked great!

Here's the link to the Talon Grip sheet I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the way...

Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-17-19 at 07:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

I recently got a Reptilia CQG grip for my AR pistol. Like many others, I really liked the size and profile of the CQG but felt like it needed some texture to make it more grippy.

I got a 5"x7" sticker sheet of Talon Grip from Amazon and cut out some side panels for the CQG. It worked great!

This is the way...

Good job. Looks factory.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yojimbo,

That looks fantastic, I've been meaning to stipple a couple of mine, but that looks really good.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Bamashooter and Stick!

I have to admit I based the shape of the grip I cut by trying to mimic what I had on my BCM Mod 3 grips. I was trying to make mini Mod 3 grips.

I also thought about stippling the grip but I wanted something I could easily fix if I screwed up. It seemed to turn out exactly how I wanted it to.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-17-19 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Bamashooter and Stick!

I have to admit I based the shape of the grip I cut by trying to mimic what I had on my BCM Mod 3 grips. I was trying to make mini Mod 3 grips.

I also thought about stippling the grip bit I wanted something I could easily fix if I screwed up. It seemed to turn out exactly how I wanted it to.

Scissors or exacto knife to cut it to shape?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Scissors or exacto knife to cut it to shape?
    I drew the pattern on a small sheet of paper, cut it out and modified it until I got the coverage I wanted when I placed it on grip. I then traced the paper template on the the backing of the Talon grip sheet and used scissors to cut it out.

The pattern I ended up with required me to reverse the paper template so I could trace out both left and right sides.

Hope that makes sense.

ETA: You should be able cut out several sets grips out of that 5”x7” sheet.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-17-19 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Any grip updates planned in the immediate future? Sold mine off with a lower, looking at this or another K2.
    We're looking at doing a variant with no back strap for use on guns like The Fix, but plastic molds take FOREVER to make, so it'll be a while. We have been asked for a full size variant as well, but we'll see...nothing happening soon.

Feedback Score

This is the way...

That's cool! We should sell laser cut panels like that...hmmmm...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    When are you guys going to make a Vortex 30mm ring cap for a T1?
    Lens covers?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast