Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Threatens to Close the Border with Mexico

Feedback Score

Trump Threatens to Close the Border with Mexico

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-overhaul.html

'We build a Wall or close the Southern Border entirely': Trump demands a wall AND an overhaul of 'ridiculous immigration laws' in the U.S. in latest tirade against Democrats
    President Donald Trump returned Friday to a threat to close the nation's southern border if he doesn't get his wall money from Congress.

Trump warned as the weekend began that he'll close every port of entry, if he doesn't see progress not only on his wall, but on a total immigration overhaul.

'We build a Wall or close the Southern Border,' he declared.

He claimed in tweets in the last day that Democratic opposition to his wall is totally political in nature and is untethered from their assertions that his desired border barrier would be impractical. The president said they should work harder to end the current shutdown, because it mainly affects their voters.

Trump also said once more that he could cut off aid to Central America as he raged about the formation of a new caravan.

His incoming chief of staff announced from the White House lawn that he thought the president's threat to close the border at least was serious.
    My take: I hope he goes through with it. We should have had Checkpoint Charlie at the Southern Border 30 years ago.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

My take: I hope he goes through with it. We should have had Checkpoint Charlie at the Southern Border 30 years ago.
    The trick is to make it as painful as possible on those who support Chuck, Nancy and others who support open borders. I'm not sure how exactly that could happen, but this fight will continue until they feel the pain.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do it Donald, don't backstep.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

There’s still enough of us around that know how to do it the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Question: all these illegals being dumped by ICE in El Paso.....is that because of a law or a judicial edict? If it is the latter Trump should ignore it until the inevitable appeal gets to the SCOTUS.

EDIT: Okay, did some Googling and it is due to the Flores Agreement, which resulted from a lawsuit in 1997. So it's NOT a law. Trump should ignore it. Once the other side whines enough and files suit it will eventually make it's way to the SCOTUS. They shot down his previous order because the Asylum Law stipulated you don't have to declare asylum just at a port of entry; bullshit, but part of the law nonetheless. However, this Flores Agreement should be ignored until decided by the highest court.

Some on here were critical of Trump for trying to do the port of entry thing. Said it was in violation of the Asylum Law. SCOTUS found it to be so. Some horseshit "agreement" isn't a LAW though. I'm sure someone (one of our resident Trump haters no doubt) will be along shortly to say that the Flores Agreement is like a law, even though it isn't one. I wanna see the spin on this.....
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-28-18 at 18:00.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want Trump to quit talking about shutting the border down, quit talking about cutting off foreign aid, and DO IT, DONALD!!! Quit running your pie hole, and DO IT!!!! DO IT RIGHT FU#$ING NOW!
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Shut it down. Stop talking about it and do it. A compromise will either come quickly or the globalist will push their hand too hard. Either way the bandaid needs to be removed quickly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shut that sucker down!

Feedback Score
    Shut the Southern border down, make it look like Berlin in the Mid-1980s with the towers, belt-feds and land mines. Turn off foreign aid to countries that want to see us fall, even with my Poli Sci degree I can't understand paying off our enemies.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Trump Threatens to Close the Border with Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Question: all these illegals being dumped by ICE in El Paso.....is that because of a law or a judicial edict? If it is the latter Trump should ignore it until the inevitable appeal gets to the SCOTUS.

EDIT: Okay, did some Googling and it is due to the Flores Agreement, which resulted from a lawsuit in 1997. So it's NOT a law. Trump should ignore it. Once the other side whines enough and files suit it will eventually make it's way to the SCOTUS. They shot down his previous order because the Asylum Law stipulated you don't have to declare asylum just at a port of entry; bullshit, but part of the law nonetheless. However, this Flores Agreement should be ignored until decided by the highest court.

Some on here were critical of Trump for trying to do the port of entry thing. Said it was in violation of the Asylum Law. SCOTUS found it to be so. Some horseshit "agreement" isn't a LAW though. I'm sure someone (one of our resident Trump haters no doubt) will be along shortly to say that the Flores Agreement is like a law, even though it isn't one. I wanna see the spin on this.....
    Should be law or policy that you can only request asylum at the embassy in the country you trying to leave. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast