Thread: Handguard mounted front sight POA/POI change testing after being dropped

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    125 (100%)

Handguard mounted front sight POA/POI change testing after being dropped

It is never going to happen, but I think it would be interesting to test all the current top tier free float handguards (quad and the newer slick sided small diameter ones ) to see the POA/POI change on their rail mounted front sights or other aiming device after let’s say one or two 4 ft drops on the ground from different angles. I would also like to see the same test on rifles using the standard barrel mounted forged front sight. IMHO, as it is now it seems to be a blind leap of faith regarding the testing and POA/ POI holding capability each company does with their handguards. I may be wrong, but I have my doubts that *any* free float handguard supported on only one end by a 2-2.5" barrel nut would retain its absolute POA/ POI after dropping them on the ground from 4ft one or two times. Everyone running free float rail mounted front sights or other aiming devices will have to decide on what would be, could be, might be "good enough or close enough " on holding their POA/POI after being dropped one or two times from let’s say 4 ft. In inches, how much of a POI change would you be okay with?
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-28-18 at 20:49.