Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King Cobra coming 2019

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    My first thought was - who's making them for Colt.
    Yeah, I sure hope it is Colt who is making them. I have two random thoughts: 1) Colt has a few but excellent MIM parts in their government model and 2) Armscore already makes a line of Colt copy revolvers.. maybe a Philippine connection?

Feedback Score
    More Lawman than KC but sure. They want to use the old snake branding.

Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    I wonder if these will be built in house at Colt. These pistols will have a hard act to follow but hopefully Colt can get it right.
    Yeah, there's a cutoff somewhere. If 90% of the parts are sourced from 3rd party vendors it's not really a Colt anymore. There's way too much mystery meat here.

I'm not interesting in replaying the 2nd/3rd gen blackpowder drama. Trying find out how much is made in Hartford and how much is sourced from elsewhere, or which SKUs are entirely foreign is tiresome. At least Walther had the courtesy to stamp their subcontracted guns as "made under license".

Points for at least trying, but how much is Colt doing beyond putting their rollmark on it? By the time you have to ask the question, doesn't really matter what the answer is.
    Last edited by jh9; 12-29-18 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks quite a bit different than the originals.
    http://www.coltfever.com/King_Cobra.html
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut284 View Post
    Something just doesn’t look right on that. Maybe it’s the grips or the fixed rear sight but that just looks like a Charter Arms or something. Not a Colt.
    Perhaps the trigger and guard appear more utilitarian, less elegant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the looks of it, especially the fixed sights. I hope it's a Colt made by Colt and the quality is there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $900..FOR THAT?! HECK NO. Freakin ridiculous. Colt wins again, I see.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It looks like the .38 version with a larger barrel. The front sight is probably the same as on the .38 just with the gold dot version. It appears to be the same frame, which means it will be very light for a .357, much like shooting a k frame, though a little smaller even.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    How much of these guns are MIM?

Seems like a lot.

To me revolvers are a luxury gun, and these Colt’s are not luxurious at all.
    If they're anything like the one that came out last year, (2018) I'd bet it's probably ALL MIM.. $900for that? Nah, I'll pass.. I got a Ruger Match Champion for Xmas, I'd say it's a better revolver for the money, more sight options as well.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I like it, but I wish they would delete the qr code
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe they'll steal away some S&W folks if it doesn't have a lock and Hillary hole! :)

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast